QuickBooks software requires internet access more often to send or receive communications or for various other operations. However, there are times when the users might encounter an error or an issue where the firewall settings in the Windows might interfere with the QuickBooks operations.
The QuickBooks software will then not be able to communicate with the internet, and thereby will be failed to perform certain essential operations.
The solution for this is to configure Windows firewall and thereby allow QuickBooks to establish the necessary communication.
Configuring Windows Firewall setup:
Configuring windows firewall can be done automatically by downloading and installing QuickBooks file doctor. Running the file doctor can automatically open firewall ports and therefore, remove the blocks set on it.
For manually configuring firewalls:
If you want to configure firewall manually, to remove the block on QuickBooks, you can do so, provided you have an expert and technically sound person to help out with. The solutions might differ depending upon the version of firewall you possess.
- For Windows 7, 8, 10 and 2008 & 2012
- To begin, go to Start and type Firewall
- Now, when the list appears, select the WINDOWS FIREWALL and
- From the right-hand options, click on ADVANCED SETTINGS
- Now, right-click on the ‘INBOUND RULES’ and click on ‘NEW RULE’
- Click to select the PORT and click NEXT
- Ensure the TCP is checked and key-in the ports applicable for the version of QuickBooks you possess. For instance:
- QuickBooks Desktop 2016 – 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017 – 8019, 56727, 55373- 55377
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018 – 8019, 56726, 55378-55382
- After selecting the appropriate port, click on ‘NEXT’ and check if ‘ALLOW THE CONNECTION’ button is checked and then click NEXT
- When prompted, check if all profiles have been marked and click on ‘NEXT’
- Enter an appropriate name for the rule, and click FINISH
- Similarly, repeat the steps for ‘OUTBOUND RULES’ too. Instead of selecting INBOUND RULES in the above steps, click on OUTBOUND RULES for fixing the new rules.
If there is a problem with network connectivity, or you want to do a direct exception on the firewall itself, you can do so, by ‘ALLOWING’ QuickBooks with more access.
- Click on START and type the word FIREWALL
- Now, click on WINDOWS FIREWALL and from the right-hand options, select ‘ADVANCED SETTINGS’
- Select the INBOUND RULES by right-clicking on Advanced settings and select ‘NEW RULE’
- Here, browse to select the PROGRAM and click NEXT
- Again, select ‘THIS PROGRAM PATH’ and click Browse to find any one of the paths in the table and click NEXT
- Check if ‘ALLOW THE CONNECTION’ is selected, and click NEXT
- Ensure all profiles are checked, when prompted and click NEXT
- Enter an appropriate name for the rule and click ‘FINISH’
- The same steps need to be repeated for OUTBOUND RULES
Now check if you are able to open the QuickBooks desktop software without any firewall or anti-virus software blocking its access. Many times, a third party anti-virus software or a firewall can block the software access and need to be configured individually to resolve the issue. Call the QuickBooks technical experts to deal with the individual firewall settings.
There are also many experts available on the QuickBooks ProAdvisor Support number ✆+1-800-796-0471 who can provide you with a detailed explanation of the problem at hand and a solution too. Dial the toll-free number ✆+1-800-796-0471 and talk to the experts to find a permanent solution to the issue.