Whether you run a big business house or a small one, your company file is the most important document for you. When working with financial software’s, this file acts like lifeline of your accounts as it has all the information related to your business. But what if you do not know the location of your company file on your computer? We are sure that you would face a lot of trouble. In this article, we provide you with some basic information regarding the location of your company file while working with QuickBooks.
Just like all programs and applications in computers have a default location for files, QuickBooks also has a default location where it automatically stores users’ company file. If you have not changed this default location, your company file should still be there. Now, based on the Windows version, you should start looking for your company file.
- In case you are working on Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows Vista, you should access the default location by navigating to C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files.
- If you are working on Windows XP, then you should access the default company file location by navigating to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\ (Shared) Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files.
- In case you are working on Windows XP, then you would notice that the Company Files folder is shown as a Shared Document. However, QuickBooks and Windows display this folder as a Documents in the paths and addresses. So, please remember that though it is named as a Shared Document, no one else can see it, till the time you give someone permission to do so.
We are sure that you would find your company file placed neatly in one of these default locations. However, if you can’t find it, try these steps.
- In case you are on Windows 7, simply click the Start button and then click Search.
- If Windows 8, is your version, then scroll to the Chams bar, that is located on the upper-right-hand corner. After this, click Search.
These steps would find even the most well-hidden QuickBooks Company Files. Once you open it, try to remember where you save this time.
Scope of Services
We are sure that the information shared in this article would help you and your issue related to file location would be resolved. However, if you still face any issue, at any step, do not feel hesitant and call our team of experts. We have our technical professionals who would be glad to help you any time of the day. We believe in providing quality services 24×7 throughout the year. Feel free to call QuickBooks Technical Support Toll-free number ✆+1-800-796-0471. Our dedicated team would resolve your issue in the least possible time.