Sage 50 is versatile and highly proficient accounting software for small and medium businesses. It has all the necessary tools and functions that are needed for accurately managing the finance, accounting, invoicing, payroll and other calculations that are computation driven functions offering unmatched benefits to save time and money for businesses.
However, the software isn’t devoid of errors and these can hamper the working of any organization.
One of the most common error is the “System.IO.FileLoadException….. followed by a long string of numbers & COM Class Server 80131040” indicating a mismatch between assembly.
The error may happen under the following instances
- Commonly occurs while opening a company file
- While backing up a file, there may be other issues that may be accompanied with this errors like “You are attempting to access an area that another user is also using” or “This task cannot be completed because it is a single-user task” but only one user is logged in.
Causes of Sage 50 Error “System.IO.FileLoadException”
- If the user is using an outdated service release then the latest service release need to be installed
- In case the latest service release is already installed, it is may not have been installed properly
- Pervasive is damaged
Solution 1: Try to repair the installation
- Insert the Sage Suite disk > Select Remove or Modify Sage 50 Accounting
- On Sage 50 Accounting Maintenance screen – Select the current Sage 50 version or the year number you’re using
- Move to Setup Options screen > Select the Repair option > Next > Finish
Solution 2: In case the above solution doesn’t work, try installing the latest service release. This can be done through automatic or a manual installation
- You often get prompts for automatic installation of a new service release
- All you need is to do a “Yes” on the prompt dialogue box and follow the instructions
- In case you do not get an automatic prompt then you need to attempt a manual installation
- Shut down Sage and Open computer > Go to Updates folder from the data path
- Right click on “Service Release or Tax Update”
- “Run as administrator” and follow all the on-screen instructions
- Open Sage again after the installation is complete
- To check if the latest version is installed, go to Help and About Sage 50 Accounting
Solution 3: If Pervasive is damaged – uninstall and reinstall pervasive
- Shut Sage 50
- Uninstall Pervasive PSQL from the list
- Reinstall Pervasive and Open Sage again to verify if it has been properly installed
Hope the above resolutions will help rectify the Sage 50 Error “System.IO.FileLoadException” However if you still face any issues, then it’s best to contact the Sage experts who have dedicated experience in resolving even the most typical errors related to Sage. Our services are specially designed and made available under strict supervision and guidance.
Contact Our Sage Support Team Anytime To Get The Right Help Related To Sage
AccountsPortal offers a full range of support related to Sage and is committed to helping companies evaluate the performance of the software and implement error-free Sage service to ensure your business functions uninterrupted.
If you are unable to resolve the Sage 50 Error “System.IO.FileLoadException” error or have other complications related to Sage 50, then contact the Sage experts who can analyze the problem with the right tools and resolve the problem with a right approach with years of experience resolving similar queries in a time-bound manner.
Facing critical multiple collapses, data security, and data damage issues? AccountsPortal is the best Sage support service to call that works 24*7 for you.
Call on our toll-free number +1–800-796-0471 and speak to our Sage specialist or chat one-on-one live with our expert. Alternatively, you can also write to us on our email id – firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the issue and our expert will get right back with the solution.