QuickBooks Software 2019 was launched into the market in September 2018. Since the release of latest version, many businesses have opted for upgrading to QuickBooks 2018 version as it is laden with new and innovative tools that are sure to help simplify complex accounting tasks even more than previous versions. Although users of QuickBooks 2016 and 2017 version still enjoy the exceptional services offered by Intuit, considering the power of latest version, it is better to upgrade. However, it has become imperative for QuickBooks 2014, and 2015 version users to upgrade to 2018 version as the services offered by Intuit has been cut by the company as both these versions have been discontinued.
Upgrade QuickBooks 2014, 15, 16, 17 and 18 to 2019 Versions
- After completing the installation process of QuickBooks 2019, open the software
- Click on the File option from the main menu and then select the option of Open or Restore Company.
- Click Open a Company file option and then select the Next tab
- Go through the option available and select the appropriate option by clicking on the Open tab. However, if a new screen called Move Company File is shown then diligently follows the instruction written and proceeds to next step.
- Go through the details given under Update Company File option stated in the New Version side of the screen. Click on the Checkbox against I Understand option stated below the information and then select Update Now option.
- Follow the steps provided for successful backup of the company file and make a note of its destination.
- You will receive a message stating – “You are about to open a company file using a newer version of QuickBooks…Do you want to continue?”. Click on Yes tab which will complete the process.
Before proceeding with the steps to upgrade the software shown above, there are certain key points that the user should keep in mind while going through the process:
- Install QuickBooks 2019 before Upgrading the Software versions: Installation of QuickBooks 2018 on the system should already be processed before upgrading can be taken over. Once the new version is securely installed, company file conversion and upgrading of the software can take place. It is important to remember that the upgrading process can only be tackled with admin credentials. If the customer is sole user of the software, this invariably means that he is the admin of the software. If that is not the case, the user needs to sign up as the admin with appropriate credentials. Any user not logged in as admin and tries to update the software will encounter a problem with a message stating – “The Company file needs to be updated. Please ask your QuickBooks administrator to update the file.” This interprets as the requirement of the user to log in as admin and then try to update again.
- Don’t Upgrade Over a Network: It is not advisable to upgrade the QuickBooks software and its company file over a network over which it is stored or mapped. This is done so as to avoid the problem of damaged or corrupt company file due to the file being converted unstably. For the upgrade process user should download and save the file locally on the computer system.
- Specific Company Files work with Specified Editions: It is possible for the user upgrade and make QuickBooks Pro or Premier Company file compatible with QuickBooks Enterprise 2016 software, however, the company file setup for QuickBooks Enterprise 2013 will only work with 2016 version of QuickBooks Enterprise and not with any other edition. Moreover, once the QuickBooks Pro / Premier Company file has been upgraded to QuickBooks Enterprise, it cannot be connected and accessed with QuickBooks Pro. Premier software.
- Upgraded QuickBooks Company File can’t be Accessed with Older Versions: The user should remember that once the company file has been upgraded to latest year version, as in, from 2013 to 2016 version, it can’t be opened with previous versions. However, the user has the option of going back to an older version if they have access to the backup of older company file. This backup also comes in support if the upgrade process is interrupted and not completed successfully.
For more information on upgrading to QuickBooks 2018 version, it is recommended to connect with the QuickBooks customer support team of at ✆+1-800-796-0471 QuickBooks housed by as they are technically and professionally capable of providing accurate and authentic details.