QuickBooks clean up utility is one of the amazing features of the QuickBooks that enables one to list down the damages in the company file and make the necessary repairs in the transactions. The clean-up utility needs to run in the following situation:
- After you make an update some data goes missing.
- When you run the Verify Data program it ends up with a Data Damage message instead.
- It takes a long time in opening a program list.
- The data displayed is incorrect.
The clean-up utility helps in resolving the following issues:
- It compresses the data making the file size much smaller than it originally was.
- The file runs more speedily.
- The damaged list in the Point of Sale utility is repaired.
- The older history files are removed that enable the larger files to run more efficiently.
Though the clean-up utility is an amazing feature in QuickBooks and is a saviour in many situations, there are certain precautions that need to be taken to prevent ending yourself in a mess. Also, this process is long and may take up some time. It may show up as if the QuickBooks is unresponsive, but if the mouse pointer is still moving then the clean-up is still running. The following are the precautions that need to be taken before running the clean-up utility.
- Always take a Backup before beginning the process.
- Choose the compressed database option to repair the damaged files.
- Never ever cancel the clean-up utility. This will do more damage than not running the clean-up.
Though the Clean-Up utility is one of the important features of the QuickBooks, there are chances that you might not be able to run the clean-up utility properly. In this article, we will give you step by step guidance to run the QuickBooks Clean-Up utility. Following are the steps that you need to follow to run the clean-up company data in the QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Go to the File menu and select Clean up Company data under the Utility option.
- Checkmark the Compress data option and click OK on the warning message that is displayed after that.
- Under the non-history documents window, select the list of documents that you wish to remove from your file and then click on Next.
- Under the history, documents window select the data that you wish to remove and click on Next.
- Now proceed with the clean-up process. Wait until the clean-up process is run completely.
- If an error message is displayed, run the process the second time but this time with checking out the compress data option.
If the error message is still displayed or if you are facing any error in running the clean-up utility kindly get in touch with our QuickBooks Technical Support team on our Toll-Free Number ✆+1-855-355-0553. We have a pool of trained professionals who can give you proper guidance in running the clean-up utility smoothly and resolve any error that you are receiving in the said process.
Our Scope of Services:
- 24X7 working.
- 365 days availability.
- Prompt response to all the Queries.
- Minimum wait period.
- 100% guaranteed solution.