QuickBooks is a highly applauded product and preferred across the globe. Startups, small and medium sized business are highly benefited as QuickBooks specifically targets them. The software is amalgamated with advanced features and tools that mobilizes the accounting and financial activities that hastens the process and saves plenty of time. The software automates the features and helps in business escalation.
Even though QuickBooks is richly featured like other software QuickBooks also encounter errors. There are certain erroneous situations when the user is restricted to print reports, invoices, bills etc. from his QuickBooks program. This is a common problem reported by the users. When the user attempts printing that is really urgent for business and programs shows error, it becomes frustrating as work is hindered.
This problem is identified as a functional error and Intuit recommends certain DIY solutions that can be followed as an alternative to print something from a notepad or MS Word. In case you get print out it is an indication that there is no problem with your printer. Configuration of QuickBooks printer setting needs to checked thoroughly in case you fail to fetch print from notepad or Microsoft word.
Work Around Solutions if the Printing Error is Due to Application Error Follow below solutions.
- Prior going to the solutions you need to update your QuickBooks version QuickBooks to the latest release.
- Then run the printer repair tool. Finally you have to delete QBPRINT.QBP.
- The printer settings are stored in a file called QBPRINT.QBP. This issue most often occurs if the file has become damaged or corrupted.
At times while the user attempts creating, printing or email a pay stub and/or payroll reports either you get an error, nothing happens, or QuickBooks Desktop closes.
How to Fix the Issue?
Perform a thorough Check up of the Printer to Determine its Functionality in Windows:
- Disable the printer settings -> Reboot your computer -> Start the Printer
- See if the paper for printing is adjusted in a proper manner
- Go to Windows Start button -> Control Panel -> Printers and Faxes.
- Click printer -> Choose Printer Online.
- Hit the printer -> a list of print items will be displayed -> then choose Printer -> Erase all the company documents -> Then close the window.
- Click printer-> choose properties -> Print Test Page
Test the Printer in case the test page prints:
- Click Start button-> Run
- Type WordPad -> OK.
- Write text -> select file -> Print option.
- Select the right printer -> Print option.
- Check that you see no error on the printer
- Assign to the printer manufacturer’s documentation
In the scenario the printer is functioning properly out of QuickBooks, then:
Qbprint.qbp file of QuickBooks has to be renamed –
- Close the QuickBooks software
- Rename the file qbprint.qbp
- Access the software again and retry to print the file.
- In the situation, issue still persists, then access a sample file from QuickBooks and print the same. In case this sample gets printed, then the problem lies with the template, customized report or the company file data which could be damaged or corrupt.
- Access the company file to print a simple form, report or non-memorized report in order to see whether the issue still remain or not. If the issue again crops up, then the user will be required to perform complex verify and rebuilding the company data tasks and then try to print again.
- Suppose the user is trying for batch printing of forms, then the option is to first try printing just one single form. If the issue does not arise, then user can try to print batch of smaller size.
- If the user has printed from the same company file previously, then:
- First disable the printer, reboot the computer system and then switch on the printer.
- Access the software, followed by company file option and then configuring printer settings as per the requirement for the forms.
- In order to configure the settings, user can access support from Help section of the software.
- Ensure that all printer drivers are updated and upgraded to latest variations. In case of old versions user should download the latest updated drivers for their printer from the printer’s company website.
- Switch the mode of startup to selective.
- If the issue is still not resolved, then the last option is to completely uninstall the software and then reinstall it.
For further queries and doubts you can approach to QuickBooks customer support. They are approachable 24*7 and assure quick feasible support in the minimum wait time. Also you can approach other reliable support agencies like Accountsportal.co. The team of QuickBooks experts here are highly experienced and competent in handling all the QuickBooks Errors and queries and guarantee first call resolution. Call to the toll free phone number ☎+1-800-796-0471 and acquire immediate support.