Is it true that you are facing Intuit Data Protect issues in your QuickBooks file? Many issues that can be caused in your QuickBooks account. Don’t worries we are here to help you out and let you know what IDP does. We let you know the common errors and causes of these intuit data protect errors. Here we are going to provide you the number of solutions for the IDP issues that you are facing.
Common Issues of Intuit Data Protect (IDP)
The Common issues that being faced are as follows:-
- Intuit Data Protect login errors
- Installation errors
- Missing the IDP icon from Windows taskbar
- Scheduled Backup not working properly
- Error code 8991, 302
Causes for Intuit Data Protect (IDP)
The causes for Intuit Data Protect issues are:-
- Check your Credentials of login
- IDP must be up to date
- Check the platform that must be Microsoft.net
- Check that your QuickBooks version must be the latest
Solution for IDP (Intuit Data Protect) Errors
Method 1: Update QuickBooks Intuit Data Protect (IDP)
- Open your system
- Then click on the little triangle by the time and date that is located at the lower right side of your desktop
- Now in this, find the Intuit Data Protect icon in the system tray that is a green padlock
- Do right-click the IDP icon, then select About Intuit Data Protect option
- After that, select the Update option mentioned there
If your issue isn’t resolved, then you can do the next method.
Method 2: In Trusted Sites Add the Intuit Data Protect
- First of all, add the number of websites to the browser for IDP as trusted websites
- Now press the Windows key on your keyboard and then type the Internet options in the search bar and then press the Enter button from keyboard
- Select Security option
- In the security, click on the Trusted sites option
- In the end, you need to select the sites, and then add the following Intuit Data Protect and Intuit websites one-by-one. The websites are-
(g) emerald.backup.com (For updating your IPD certificates)
- Select Close, and then click on OK button.
Method 3: Check that the system is properly set up for Intuit Data Protect
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key
- Then in the search bar type Firewall and press the enter key
- Now select Allow an app through Windows Firewall then Allow another app
- Go to the Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect
- Open the QBIDPservice.exe file
- Choose the Network types, and then put a check in the Private checkbox
- Click on the Add button once you’re done with all above
Add IBUenghost.exe and Intuit DataProtect.exe by following steps 4 to 6.
Note: If you get a message saying 1 of the 3 files already exists, it has already been added. Just select the Skip option.
How to Get in Touch with Us?
In this, the above solutions help you out in solving all the glitches in the Intuit Data Protect (IDP). In any case, if the troubleshooting solution is not working then either there is an issue in your data file or it might be damaged. Still, you have any queries or issues then contact us by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Number +1800-796-0471. We are also available on email or a live chat 24/7 hours for you.