QuickBooks Data to Other Tax Software – Lacerte, TurboTax and Quicken
QuickBooks desktop software is one stop solution for all your financial requirements making it easy for the user to handle accounting tasks of the business ensuring proper growth. The software is adept for all sizes and types of businesses ensuring proper growth of the business by freeing up required resources for other productive areas. Irrespective of the version of the software (online or desktop) the user will be able to maintain their financial accounts with ease.
The software is also a fit option for tackling tax and payroll tasks. However, at times professional software built for the tax is preferred by the user due to advanced functionality accorded with them. So here we are with a complete overview of how to transfer data from QuickBooks to other professional tax software, namely – Lacerte, TurboTax and Quicken.
Moving Tax-Related Data from QuickBooks to Lacerte
Lacerte is accounting software that has made a name for itself for being easy to use with a high level of efficiency in particular for Amortization and depreciation tasks. First, the user has to download and install the Lacerte Tax software on their system in order to integrate and access the software from the main menu of QuickBooks. Next in order to transfer the required data from QuickBooks to Lacerte follow the steps given below:
- From the main menu bar of QuickBooks software, select the option of Accountant followed by Export Balances from the next menu bar.
- Again click on Menu File and then on Export option with Balances to Tax being the last step.
Moreover, automatic mapping of QuickBooks Tax tasks to Lacerte is quite possible that will facilitate tax return with Lacerte only. The feature of Mapping with Lacerte only allows for tax mapping and not the whole software of QuickBooks and its related tasks.
QuickBooks to Quicken- File Transfer Process
Both QuickBooks and Quicken enjoy an equal amount of attention from the users as both are labelled two of the best accounting software compatible with almost all operating systems. With both software at hand, the user can track all possible processes with swiftness and ease. All they need to do is follow the steps written below:
- Open the QuickBooks software and navigate to the main menu bar in the dashboard.
- Click on the tab called File followed by select the option of ‘Open’ tab and then select the specific QuickBooks file.
- Proceed with the required editing of the file and then click on the ‘File’ option finished by saving the file.
- Now close the QuickBooks software and open Quicken software. Click on File tab from the main menu bar and then select Import button
- Lastly, click on all the QuickBooks file that is to be imported and then on OK tab.
Transferring Data from QuickBooks to TurboTax
Another tax-related software that has reached heights of popularity is TurboTax that is one sure shot option to file taxes on time and also file for returns automatically (electronically). Accurate filing and on time payment of taxes are two additional benefits of the software. In order to import files from QuickBooks to TurboTax, the following instructions should be kept in mind:
- The user will be required to access the TurboTax software and open it to facilitate the import process.
- First, click on File option and then on Import (select the option called ‘From QuickBooks’.
- a new set of instructions will be displayed on the screen. Follow them diligently to complete the process.
The user should make sure that both TurboTax and QuickBooks are available on the same system. Moreover, if the user required to transfer Mac files to TurboTax, they first need to convert mac to Windows version while ensuring that the QuickBooks software is updated to last update patch.
The above steps help to transfer required QuickBooks files to other tax and accounting software with no fuss. As per the requirement of the business, the user can opt for Lacerte or TurboTax and Quicken. If they get stuck with an error they should contact the QuickBooks technical support team who are trained by Intuit and thus aptly named QuickBooks ProAdvisors. However, if you are unable to get in touch with them you can go for alternative support agencies like Accountsportal.co for web support or call on the Toll-Free Number ☎+1-800-796-0471.