What is QuickBooks Error 392?
Error Code 392 comes up when a QuickBooks user is trying to download a program or open up or shut down Windows. There may be several reasons why the error has occurred, and with the Windows running slowly or freezing up completely, there is only one way ahead of the issue- to find a suitable resolution.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error 392
If and when this error arises and specifically for a certain program, then the problem might be related to that one alone, and thus, can be narrowed down sufficiently to find a solution.
However, before working at a suitable solution, it is essential to analyze a possible reason for the error. Here are some of the most common causes for error code 392 to appear in the QuickBooks.
- The program files downloaded are corrupted or the version is incomplete
- Corrupting in the Windows registry related to QuickBooks files
- Corruption in the QuickBooks files and other Windows system files
- Another program or a spurious software has deleted the QuickBooks files
Since we cannot work on the software unless the issue is resolved, let us look at some of the possible solutions for the error. Alternatively, you can also call our QuickBooks technical support experts for assistance on this issue at any time of the day.
Solutions of QuickBooks Error 392
Here are some of the solutions for Error Code 392 in QuickBooks.
Resolution – 1 Installing Windows Updates
- To check if you have any Windows updates, click on the Start menu and
- Enter Update on the search window. When a Windows update opens up, check if there are any new updates available
- If so, Download QuickBooks and Install Windows update
Resolution – 2 Restore and Undo System Changes
For Windows 7, 8, XP or Vista users, you can try to change the recent Changes made on Windows, by the below-mentioned steps:
- Click on Start and key-in the words ‘System to Restore’ and Enter
- Now, when the System Restore Window opens up, it will ask for Administrator Password. Enter the password, and work according to the instructions given by the Wizard
- The system will be restored to the time before the error surfaced.
Resolution – 3 Clean the Junk and Temporary Files
- Click on the Start button and key in the works COMMAND
- Before hitting enter, hold the CTRL+SHIFT buttons
- Click Yes when prompted. A Black Box(Command Window) window will appear.
- Key-in Cleanmgr and Enter
- This command will clean up the junk and anything else which is occupying more disk space.
- Check if the error has stopped appearing.
- You can also go on to delete the temporary files to clear up more disk space.
Presence of more disk space and new updates can resolve this error code 392 in QuickBooks. Furthermore, you can also try to update the computer Device Drivers and check for any errors in them. If the error still persists, try to uninstall and re-install the QuickBooks software and also clean install the Windows to check if you can solve the issue.