Sage is a top world class accounting and business management software that helps in easy bookkeeping, generate reports, print accurate paychecks, generate and organize invoice & customer’s credit cards; it can do it all and more.
However, the technical errors hamper the functioning jeopardizes valuable data and wastes a lot of valuable time restoring to normalcy. A typical error that happens while installing the sage 50 payroll updates is that it pops up an error message “There is a problem upgrading the database. Please contact the technical support”. And when the user tries to click OK and proceeds with the login, the software persistently closes and crashes.
About Error Sage Not Able To Run Payroll After Payroll Update
- Payroll reports don’t run
- While opening a calculated payroll report there’s an error message
- After upgrading the payroll, the payroll formulas get greyed out or are even missing
- Payroll did not figure any taxes
Why Does Sage Not Able To Run Payroll After Payroll Update Issue Occur?
Sage Not able to run payroll after the recent update can be due to several reasons. This may happen when the sage 50 payroll fails to upgrade the database, here are some of the common reasons for this error –
- The data corruption issue cannot be out ruled out
- A failed upgrade session earlier can lead to subsequent error
- When the user moves to use the latest version of Windows OS like Windows 10 but they haven’t set sage 50 to run as an administrator. This may be the reason for the error
- While installing an upgrade of sage 50 on a particular network, some other user is logged into the system with an older version sage 50. This may result in a clash between the different versions of the software.
- When the user tries to open the software from the old shortcut after an update is already installed
Resolutions For Sage Not Able To Run Payroll After Payroll Update
Resolution 1: Upgrading & Installing the latest version of Sage 50
Once the previous Sage 50 gets outdated and redundant, its add-ons including the payroll automatically get disabled. This happens when the subscription to Payroll gets expired and the latest Payroll add-on is not purchased. In this case, the users may be able to access payroll screen even if he does not have a plan and enter data manually; but a formal Payroll add-on is required to be purchased.
To upgrade the plan and get the payroll add-on, contact AccountsPortal on +1 800-796-0471 and we will help you get the updated payroll and also help in installing the latest payroll upgrade to Sage 50.
Resolution 2: User Account Control (UAC) may be blocking Sage 50
- Run payroll as an Administrator and Disable UAC
- Again check if the Payroll, tax calculation reports, and forms work are all working properly
Resolution 3: Optimize the data version 22.04
Section I: Verify the content of the SAJ folder
- Locate the SAJ folder and find the data file in related resources
- Open the SAJ folder and verify for any backups there (CAB files)
- If you find CAB files then remove the CABs
- Also, remove any duplicate files
Section II: Disable antivirus and firewall plus any real-time scanner
- Disable the antivirus, then try to convert the file
- Check if the conversion is successful, if not then disable the firewall and then try the conversion again
- After optimizing try and check if the Payroll runs correctly
- Run as administrator and repair the database
- Uninstall Sage 50
- Disable your antivirus and firewall
- Install Sage 50
Resolution 5: Try renaming the payroll.mbd file
The above steps are likely to resolve the issue of “Sage Not able to run payroll after the recent update”. However, if you are unable to resolve the issue after trying the above steps then contact AccountsPortal on our number +1-800-796-0471 and we shall help resolve the error with a series of tests and steps.
AccountsPortal handles a wide range of troubleshooting related to Sage and its different versions like Sage 50 Accounts, Payroll, Processional, 50c Essential, Standard versions and helps in installation, upgrade, update, functional and technical issues.
Our support specialists are skilled in resolving the most typical issues related to Sage which makes us the number one choice.
You can also avail our round the clock Chat support or drop an email to us if you are facing an issue with Sage 50. Our expert will get right back with the right solution in no time.