Sage has recently notified users of a change in Sage 50 Obsolescence Policy for supporting prior Sage 50 editions to the current product edition.
As per the new policy, Sage will end support for some Sage products i.e. of prior edition to the current version. This means users would no longer be able to acquire Sage support if they are using products that aren’t updated to the required edition. The users may still be able to use their software, but won’t be able to use Sage services. The software will still continue to operate normally, and users are on no license obligation to procure new software unless they want to enjoy excellent Sage services.
This article aims to clear out some of the 2019 Sage 50 Obsolescence Policy general queries. Kindly go through the following lines to make yourself aware and verify that you are using the appropriate Sage product so you continue enjoying all excellent services of Sage Software.
When does Sage 50 Accounting (U.S edition) support for different version end?
As per the obsolescence policy, depending on the software version, the current policy and support dates are highlights below:
- Sage 50 2015 – March 1, 2016 version (Obsolete)
- Sage 50 2016.0 or 2016.1 – December 1,2016 version (Obsolete)
- Version Sage 50 2016.2 – March 1, 2017 (Obsolete)
- Sage 50 2017.0, 2017.1 or 2017.1.1 – December 1, 2017 version (Obsolete)
- Sage 50 2017.2 – March 1, 2018 version (Obsolete)
- Version Sage 50 2018 – March 5, 2019 (Obsolete)
- Sage 50 2019 – March 3, 2020 version
Why does the Sage 50 Accounting (US edition) support only the current product version?
- This provides numerous advantages of running the current software version and to be active on the Business Care support plan.
- Keeps users in compliance with most recent technology and the operating systems. For example introduction of Windows 10 and Windows 8 and the obsolescence/ retirement of Windows Server 2003 or Windows XP.
- In addition, supporting only the current software version will allow Sage to focus more on creating the most reliable customer service on the current version.
What are add-on products, which will stop operating after the obsolescence date?
- Tax updates
- Program updates
- Tax form updates
- Sync with the Managed Payroll
- Direct Deposit
- Credit card processing
A.P Experts Support Service
We hope the above information has been useful for you and are now more aware of the Sage 50 Obsolescence Policy. If you have any query or experiencing with upgrade/update issues, then kindly call us on our A.P Experts support number 1800-796-0471. You will be connected with our professionals who will efficiently help you clear your queries and resolve your issues. Our professionals are well trained and equipped with Sage knowledge and have years of expertise in fixing Sage issues. You can also acquire our supports via Live Chat Support or by simply sending an email.