Migration from Sage 50 to QuickBooks desktop version 2018 & 19 can be done easily by employing the QuickBooks online conversion tool. The conversion tool helps in transferring the essential components of the old software into new software without missing out any important aspects.
Let us look at how to employ the online conversion tool for converting data files and other transactions from Sage 50 to QuickBooks Desktop 2018 & 19 software.
Related Article:How to Use the QuickBooks Conversion Tool?
What you need to do before converting the files:
So, you are all set to convert the files from the older software to QuickBooks desktop 2018 & 19. Before converting, check out the following pointers to ensure you do not end up with issues in hand.
- You have taken the backup of all files to be converted and have kept it stored in a safe place to refer to, in case necessary. Sometimes, mistakes can happen in conversion due to several unknown reasons. Although the online conversion tool is designed to make conversions smoother, human and system errors cannot be discounted. In such cases, having a backup will definitely be a savior.
- Are the Sage 50 software and the QuickBooks software installed on the same computer locally? Both the software needs to be installed and ready to use in the same system where you are planning to download the conversion tool. Similarly, all data files and other associated files need to be present in the same system for easy conversion.
- Is the system compatible to run the conversion tool for Sage to QuickBooks conversion? Check out the system requirements for running conversion tool before proceeding.
Related Article: Sage 100 to QuickBooks Data Conversion and Migration
Converting Sage 50 to QuickBooks Desktop 2018 & 19 software:
For converting the files, we need to open the older software and proceed to download conversion tool. The steps are as follows:
File access to SAGE 50 Software:
- Click on Sage 50 to launch the software and open the ‘COMPANY FILE’ to be converted
- Now, click on ‘MAIN’ and go to Maintain<users<Setup Security and when the window opens, click Data Access OR Crystal Reports button
- Click on ‘the following login information’ and select Change to alter the password
- Once the password is set Close Sage software.
- Now, download the QuickBooks conversion tool.exe file from a relevant website, and Run it as administrator by right- clicking on Conversion tool icon and selecting ‘Run as Administrator’from the list.
- The conversion tool can only be run in this mode for suitable migration of files
Convert Sage 50 files to QuickBooks 2018 & 19:
- You need to now browse and find the Sage 50 file (Company and others) you need to convert. Once you locate it, click on the file
- Now on the DSNSetup window, select your company name for ‘Database Name’ and click OK
- When prompted, enter the Password for Sage 50 file, and click Next
- When prompted, select the version of QuickBooks and the product you are converting the file into, and browse to find your company file, before clicking Next
- Specify the location in which you want to save the file. Unless specified, the converted file will be stored in My Documents
- Click ‘Convert File‘ when the convert window comes up. The time for conversion will depend upon the network speed and also the size of the file to be converted.
- After conversion, a prompt will appear to ask ‘Open file’ in QuickBooks? Click on it to open the file in QuickBooks desktop 2018 & 19.
- Check the file to ensure if everything is converted correctly.
The QuickBooks Conversion Tool can convert the whole data into QuickBooks file, making it easy for you to access from the new software. However, ensure that you have all information transferred correctly to the new software.
For any issues on conversion, or queries regarding the conversion tool, call our Sage Customer support team at Accountsportal help desk number ✆+1-800-796-0471. The experts are available 24/7 for assistance on downloading and running the conversion tool as well as to resolve any issues faced during the conversion.