Sage 50 payrolls help in managing payrolls, bill payments, invoices and much more. With so much to look for, any errors or issues in the payroll can create a whole lot of confusion. As a user, whenever there is a problem with a payroll in Sage 50, it is advisable to call for our Sage technical assistance to resolve the issue instantly.
Let us look at some of the Sage 50 Payroll errors and how to resolve them.
Sage 50 – ‘Not Able to Send Email from the Payroll’ Error
Sage 50 allows you to send reports and other essential information directly through webmail or the outlook. Sometimes, due to unknown and a variety of reasons such as compatibility issues, the users might experience errors when sending emails through the software.
A message will be accompanied with the error, stating that the Sage 50 Payroll is not able to send all emails, or a ‘Generic COM Error’ has occurred and the email cannot be sent. Mostly, such error occurs when using Microsoft Outlook.
To resolve the error:
- Verify if the Microsoft Outlook software you are using is Compatible with the Sage 50 Payroll software. Also, verify that the Outlook you are using is a desktop version and not a cloud-based emailing.
- Check for any available updates in the Outlook, and install them all. Sometimes, using an older version might also create the error.
- Check if you are able to email now, and if not, continue with the following resolutions.
- Close Sage 50 Payroll and right-click on Outlook Email shortcut to open it. Click on Properties
- Select the Compatibility tab, and select the ‘Run This Program As Administrator and click OK
- Now, right-click on Sage 50 Payroll, and select Properties
- Select the Compatibility tab and click Run This Program As Administrator and click OK
- Now, check if you are able to email now.
If this has not helped resolve the issue, dial up the Sage 50 technical support numbers for guidance on the issue.
Sage 50 – Failed to Update – Error
Regular updates are sent on the Sage 50 software for improving on the persistent issues in the earlier version. This helps in the smooth and error-free running of the Sage 50 software.
However, at times, an error such as the ‘Failed to Update’ can come up when updating the records in the Payroll system. The reason for this may be due to:
- A pay element with more than 30 characters
- An employee with a salary option as well as a pay element named salary option
- An employee with duplicate pay elements of the same reference
- Corruption of data
The issue can be resolved using the below resolutions:
- By checking the double-salary options
- Click on Payroll and click on the employee who has the double-salary option
- Now, select Pay elements and check if there are two salary options listed
- If two salary options are listed, then, double-click on the employee name and click on Employment <Pay Elements
- Click on the In Use menu and set one salary element to ‘Not in Use’
- Save and Close to apply changes
- To check if there are duplicate pay elements listed:
- Double-click on Employment tab of the relevant employee and click on pay Elements
- Now, check for pay elements to determine if a duplicate exists
- If there are duplicate elements, note down the YTD or the Year to Date for both pay elements, and remove the YTD and the elements altogether
- Now, click on Assign Pay Element for the employee and enter the relevant YTD dates as noted.
The Payroll in Sage 50 is a very crucial component and any issues need to be addressed immediately. Call up our Accountsportal Sage technical support helpline ✆+1-800-796-0471 for guidance on any issues pertaining to the software and its payroll component.