Sage 50 is a collection of business software that provides HR, payroll, and accounting solutions for small and mid-sized companies from almost any industrial background. Sage 50 automates various payroll-related calculations and helps companies manage their employees more efficiently. It is Office 365-compatible and its cloud functionality provides on-the-go data access and allows collaboration across teams and geographies.
In Sage 50 Payroll, the problem of Sage Payroll not syncing with sage HR might crop up. If the employee’s mode of payment is Sage Payments or Direct BACS in the software, then no employees might show for syncing.
When the synchronization component has been configured for syncing every employee and not some selected employees, synchronization will begin and then stop, showing this message: ‘Failed to match: Association between <payroll company> and <HR company>’
IMPORTANT: If the ‘Payments’ module in Sage is being used or ‘Direct BACS’ is being used for paying employees, then the Sage 50 Payroll and HR Data Synchronization component can’t be used.
- The error is caused by the absence of Sage Payments and Direct BACS in Sage 50 HR.
- The problem occurs if the payment method of present employees and historical leavers is Sage Payments or Direct BACS. If all employees are to be seen on the employee list, users must select ‘Criteria’ and then clear these boxes: Current Year Leavers, On Hold and Historical Leavers. Then, OK must be selected.
- For checking the payment method, users must select the ‘Payment Method’ column in the employee list, which will arrange the list by payment method. This column must be checked for verifying that employees are using the appropriate method.
Payment method is Sage Payments
As mentioned above, the problem occurs because Sage Payments and Direct BACS are absent in Sage 50 HR. So, if the ‘Sage Payments’ module is being used, users must continue with the ‘Sage Payments’ payment method.
If the Sage Payments module is not being used, the payment mode for employees must be changed to BACS.
NOTE: The problem is caused by using Sage Payments or Direct BACS as the payment method of present employees and historical leavers. For displaying all employees on the employee list, ‘Criteria’ must be selected and then these boxes cleared: Current Year Leavers, On Hold and Historical Leavers. Following this, OK must be selected.
Changing payment method to BACS
For changing payment method to BACS, first all the employees must be chosen and then ‘Tasks’ must be selected, followed by ‘Global Changes’, and then ‘Assign Employee(s) a new-> Pay Method. When this is done, select ‘BACS’, then OK, then ‘Yes’ and OK again.
Payment Method is Direct BACs
- The Direct BACS payment method is used if the e-banking file is submitted to BACS in direct or indirect mode with ‘a Service User Number’.
- As mentioned above, the problem occurs because Sage Payments and Direct BACS are absent in Sage 50 HR. If users submit the file to BACS via a Service User Number (SUN), they must continue utilising the Direct BACS payment method. If the file isn’t submitted to BACS using the SUN, the problem should be solved by making BACS the employees’ payment method.
- For changing payment method to BACS, take the steps mentioned in ‘Changing payment method to BACS’ above.
This procedure should solve the issue of Sage Payroll not syncing with Sage HR. But if the issue isn’t resolved, users should call our Accountsportal.co Sage 50 Technical Support Team at this toll-free helpline number ✆+1-800-796-0471 for expert guidance. Our Sage help desk personnel at Accountsportal.co are ready to provide round-the-clock help on Sage product and application-related issues.