When Sage 50 Invalid Directory Path error occurs when running Sage 50, it may be frustrating to continue with your business tasks. In this article, we highlight some of the causes and recommended steps to fix Sage 50 Invalid Directory Path issue.
|Phone Support||Dial +1-800-796-0471|
|Email Support||Send Mail Here|
|Chat Support||Click to Start SAGE Live Chat|
|Form Contact||Fill Send us enquiry|
Causes that instigate Sage 50 invalid directory path error
Sage 50 Invalid Directory Path errors can occur when the system is unable to find the program in its respective data folder. Sage 50 Invalid Directory Path can also take place if the network connection is not available.
I. Ensure Company Window Path is correct
You have to ensure that the software is not set in compatibility mode.
- Open the Desktop, and right-click the Sage Accounts. Click on the Compatibility tab from Properties and check that the Run this program in compatibility mode box is cleared.
You can also try to manually create the path by making use of the path specified in the Select Company window. You may also find that some folders have been renamed, moved, or deleted. These folders can be manually created and backup in the Sage Accounts.
Follow the steps to manually create a new path
- Browse to the path specified in the Select Company window
- Click on File> New > Folder
- Type in the name of the folder that is missing
- Double-click on the new folder >File> New > Folder.
- Type in the name of the next folder that is missing
II. Select Company window path is incorrect
If the path indicates an incorrect path in the Company window that is selected, you are required to correct the path
Follow the steps below to do so:
- Browse through the following folders:
- For Sage Accounts v24: Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, or 10- C: >Program Data>Sage>Accounts>2018
- For Sage Accounts v23: Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, or 10-C: >Program Data>Sage>Accounts>2017
- For Sage Accounts v22: Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, or 10-C: >Program Data>Sage>Accounts>2016
- For Sage Accounts v21: Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, or 10-C: >Program Data>Sage>Accounts>2015
- For Sage Accounts 2014 (v20): Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Window 8-C: >Program Data>Sage>Accounts>2014
- For Windows XP – C: >Documents and Settings>All Users>Application Data>Sage>Accounts>2014
- Once you locate the company file and double-click on it.
- Click on the option Open with Notepad
- Make improvements in the relevant line of the COMPANY file
- Click on File> Save
III. Activate Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5
The Invalid directory path message can also arise after Windows updates which disables the Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5.
- Hold the Windows+ R Now enter the appwiz.cpl then click on OK
- Select the Turn Windows features on or off option
- Un-check the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 or 3.5, if the box is cleared already continue the next step
- Re-click on the Turn Windows features on or off
- Verify that the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 or 5 box is checked
- Then click on OK
- If prompts, then click on the Download files from Windows Update
- Click on Restart now button if required
If you want additional solutions steps to fix Sage 50 Invalid Directory Path issue, get in touch with our Technical Support Team. We ensure to provide the best solution to every error and respond to every query. Dial on our Sage Technical Support Number ✆+1-800-796-0471 and chat with our professionals or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team of professionals is also available via Live chat Support on our Website.