Sage has released the Sage 50 2018 in the fall of the year 2017. It has many new inbuilt features and tools that will boost your business. Sage releases upgraded version every year along with several updates throughout the year for the latest upgraded version. If you are using Windows 10 operating system, then there are situations when your Sage 50 crashes or stops working. You will see the following message:
Error: Sage 50 has stopped working.
This error is common in the US Edition of Sage 50. It generally occurs, if you have upgrade your operating system for older version especially Windows 8/8.1 to the Windows 10. Your system may crash abruptly and all the applications will stop working.
Causes for this Sage 50 issue:
- Recent update for Windows 10 creating several issues.
- Corrupt or incomplete installation of Windows update.
- Installation of Windows 10 Fall Creators update.
The experts have suggested the following solutions to resolve this Sage 50 crash issue after updating your Windows 10.
Solution I: Installation of the latest Sage 50 update (Sage 50 2018.2)
- Go to Services section and click on the Check for Updates
- Click on the download link and install the latest updates for Sage 50 i.e. 2018.2.
- Double-click on the installation file and run it on your system. To run this file, you should have administration rights.
- Remove the compatibility setting for your Microsoft Windows 8.
Solution II: Modifying the Compatibility setting
This solution is basically applicable for the users who are using the Microsoft Windows 10 version 1709(Fall Creators Update). You will have to configure your Sage 50 US Edition to run the compatibility mode for the Microsoft Windows 8.
- Go to Sage icon on your desktop.
- Right-click on it and click on the Properties
- Go to the Compatibility
- Press the Change settings for all users option and click on Run this program in Compatibility mode for
- Press Windows 8 option and press OK.
- Run your Sage 50 now and check for any errors.
The solutions in this article are recommended by the experts who have years of experience in handling such Sage 50 technical errors. If you still have some queries in proceeding with the steps that are mentioned in this article, then you should reach out to Accountsportal.co. They provide customer service for bookkeeping solutions like Sage across the globe. They provide 24*7 services; you can reach out to them anytime.
You can call on their 24*7 Helpline number which is toll-free ✆+1-800-796-0471. The expert will call you back immediately and help you with your issues. They provide assistance for all kinds of technical as well as functional issues. You can even chat with these experts via Live Chat Assistance. You just have to visit their website Accountsportal.co and request for the Sage 50 chat support. This was you can instantly chat with expert who available online.