No matter how good your software is or how much profit you can gain from working on that software, at the end of the day you may face some technical issue. QuickBooks is one of the most recommended accounting solutions for small and medium industries. This easy to use solution makes your work easier but you are bound to come across some technical malfunctions at some point or the other. These technical issues are basically some common errors like QuickBooks Error Code 6160.
QuickBooks 2018 Error 6160
QuickBooks Error 6160 generally occurs in QuickBooks Premier Solutions. When you will come across these technical issues, your work will be hampered. It will not only affect your work but also the operations of your system. You may see that your system has momentarily frozen or your system has crashed completely. You may face lock-ups or performance degradation issues. This technical error is basically a run-time error which can also be categorized as an installation error. It means you may come across this error when you are trying to install any QuickBooks related software. The causes for this technical error are:
- Your web browser may have too many OLE control add-ons.
- When your system’s OS configuration is not valid.
- Your shortcuts are disabled.
- When your dependency system service is disabled.
- There is no authorization to turn on the software or any hardware equipment.
To resolve this QuickBooks 2018 Error 6160, you need to follow the resolution steps mentioned below:
- Close your QuickBooks, which is running in your system.
- From your keyboard, click on the Windows button and along with it press E to open computer window on your screen.
- Click on Uninstall or change program option.
- As you have selected your QuickBooks software, now click on Uninstall/change.
- Now, you can see a QuickBooks installation window, select the next option and then click on the Repair radio button. This Repair button is located at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on Finish.
- Your installation of QuickBooks is not repaired. Reboot your system when you see a dialog box asking you to restart your system.
Note: If you have stored the company file locally and have only used this system, then make sure that your hosting is turned off.
- Open your QuickBooks file.
- From QuickBooks File menu, click on Utilities and select Stop Hosting Multi-user Access.
- If you receive a pop-up which shows that stop hosting multi-user access, then select yes.
The solutions mentioned above is basically done to repair your QuickBooks solution. This solution is recommended by experts. By repairing your software, you can easily rectify your error but, if you are not satisfied with the outcome then you can contact QuickBooks Customer Support. You can also contact other QuickBooks alternative customer support like Accountsportal.co. To get in touch with them, you just have to call on their customer support toll-free number ☎1-800-796-0471. You can call them at any point in time as they are available 24*7. You can also visit their website and request for Online Chat Support.