Data files are an integral part of the Sage 50 software and require all the more care for its optimal working. A damaged or a corrupt data file can cause a series of repercussions if not mended on time.
While the reason for corruption might be innumerable, one needs those Sage 50 data files all new and free of any damage to have an error-free working with the software. Thankfully, the Database Repair Utility will help fix any problems related to the software and the data files.
What Data file corruptions can Sage 50 Database repair utility repair?
The data files corrupted by the following reasons can be resolved using the database utility.
- A damaged database engine or an improperly fixed engine
- Damaged, missing or outdated data files in the data path
To resolve the sage 50 issue, the Sage 50 database repair utility needs to be downloaded and set to work on fixing the problems with the files. A new data path can be created using the utility to resolve the issue completely. Since it involves quite a bit of technical details, having a Sage tech expert can be helpful.
Downloading Sage 50 Database Repair Utility
To run the repair utility, you need to first download it from the path specified:
- Click on START and go to ‘All programs’
- Now, click on Sage 50 Accounting
- When the window opens up, click on Sage 50 Resources and Click Help
- Select ‘Technical Support Utilities and click on the Sage 50 Database Repair Utility
- The tool will get downloaded and can be started from there immediately to resolve the problem with data files.
Repairing Corrupted Data Files:
When the tool is started, after downloading, the files required to run the tool will get extracted automatically.
- After the download, when prompted, click on
- Now, when a message box comes up, click on yes to continue installation (If required, click on the link provided to read all about the tool from Sage knowledge base.)
- When prompted, Agree to the conditions set and continue
- Now, three options will be provided. Select any one, depending upon the requirement (as discussed below) to Run the utility tool and let it do its Repair of the data files.
- Remove Pervasive – When selected, this option will uninstall the Pervasive from the computer (Local). However, ensure that all users have logged out of the Sage 50 software and have closed it, before opting for this.
- Install Pervasive – When selected, this utility option will Install the Pervasive to the local computer, and also will patch up the updates essential for its running. Here again, ensure none of the users is logged into the Sage 50 account.
- Create New Local Data Path – When selected, the utility option will generate a new Sage 50 data path directory which will come with default files to troubleshoot any issues in the existing data path. However, remember that this path provides a new set of data files.
Creating a new Local Data Path
To create the new local path:
- Click on the location in which a new data path needs to be created (One different from the previous location)
- The Company to Copy tool on the Utility will shift the entire directory from the old to the new path. Remember that since the whole directory is moved, it might take some time.
- In case you want to revert back to the original data path, you can do so by clicking on Manage INI files and clicking on Original Data Path and Make Active
- When completed, click Ok for the changes to apply.
The job of creating a new data path might take time and also some expertise in doing it the correct way. Call up the Sage 50 experts on our Accountsportal Sage technical support number ✆+1-800-796-0471 for guidance on this issue. The Accountsportal technical experts are available 24/7.