When attempting to import a.QBO file, an error occurs, called the Web Connect Branding Error. The problem arises when the QuickBooks software fails to recognize the bank or other financial institution used for this transaction or for downloading.
The error message that comes up will read:
‘Unable to verify the information for Financial Institution for the download’ or
‘An OL-222 error has occurred and the data could not be imported into QuickBooks’
What causes the web connect branding error?
One of the primary reasons for the error to appear in QuickBooks is because of the invalid information on the.QBO files given by the financial institution or its incorrect formatting. This interrupts the QuickBooks software from reading the information or data from the web connect file or the.QBO file.
The reasons may be because:
- The bank or financial institution is not capable of supporting the import in QuickBooks
- QBO file is imported on an older version of the software which no longer supports the banking service
- The import file is incorrect file type and not the.QBO as supported by QuickBooks
The error can be resolved with below-mentioned troubleshooting steps. However, in case of any queries, you can call the QuickBooks tech help team for assistance.
Here are the solutions for resolving the branding error in QuickBooks. Proceed with each resolution and also check if the error is resolved before going to the next one.
Download the file from Bank site:
- Open the website of the financial institution you are using and download the.QBO file to the desktop
- Now, Start the QuickBooks software and go to File>Utilities > Import >Web Connect Files
- Browse to find the file and click to select it and Open
- Import the file by following the prompts.
If the import from the bank site fails, go to the next solution. If it works without any errors, you have resolved the error successfully.
Create a new test file to Duplicate the issue
- Click on File >New Company in QuickBooks and click Express Start
- Now, add the financial institution to the Chart of Accounts in the software and set up the account for online banking by: Banking > Bank Feeds > Set up Bank Feed for Account
- Now, download or Import the.QBO file
Check the.QBO for errors:
- Download and Save the.QBO to the desktop
- Now, Edit the file by right-clicking on it and open it with Notepad
- Review the document for possible errors or missing data, and add or delete it to rectify the error
The financial institution that you are using is responsible for the.QBO formatting and download. So, if the error still persists, call our QuickBooks technical support team with the online banking log files and other information collected.
The QuickBooks tech experts at the Accountsportal QuickBooks help desk will be able to check the problem, and clear any issues with respect to QuickBooks Webconnect error. Call on the toll-free number ✆+1-800-796-0471 to speak to our QuickBooks experts.