QuickBooks is one of the sought after accounting software that has garnered much of the appreciation from its users in terms of innovative and advanced technology-based tools and features. Although the included tools are quite professional and are integrated within the software from the initial setup, the interface is still quite user-friendly ensuring all types of users, from professional to novice computer user, can operate the software without any hassle.
At times while accessing the software, however, the user is unable to login and is shown an error message along with it displaying the reason for inaccessibility. One common reason that is generally displayed is that the user is already logged in. This error stops the user from accessing the software and is accompanied with an error message stating – “The attempt to log in with the User Name failed”. In order to fix this issue follow the instructions listed below and gain more information about the issue as well.
The error generally states that the user’s try to login to their QuickBooks account has failed. It states that the same user is already logged into the account and should try for the same from another account, preferably with admin credentials. Other probable reasons for the occurrence of this error are listed below:
- The user or admin user has accessed the software through Remote Access, however, once the session was complete, they did not log out.
- The user accessed the software for the same account but from different system or workstation.
- An issue was caused within the network due to technical malfunctioning.
In order to resolve this issue, the user can try below-listed resolution in the same pattern as listed:
- Firstly close all the QuickBooks active processes through following steps:
- Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
- Select the Processes tab.
- Choose Image Name to sort processes alphabetically.
- Right-click all processes that begin with “QB” then select End Process.
- Now access the QuickBooks software and then the company file.
- If the company file cannot be accessed when the user should try to start the server again which is hosting the company file.
- Once the server is rebooted, the user should try to access the software again and then log in to company file.
- If this does not resolve the issue then the user should try another user credentials to access the software.
- The last option is to restore the last backup generated and type in the data again.
If the above-displayed resolution is not able to resolve the issue and the mentioned error still persists, it is recommended to contact QuickBooks Error Support team housed by Intuit. If the user is unable to connect with the team due to the long queue, then they can go for alternative support agencies. One such agency is called Accountsportal which can be called for support through Toll-Free Number – ✆+1-800-796-0471 and for online chat option, browse the website – accountsportal.co