QuickBooks software is the best and flexible in the accounting domain. However, you only have to understand it before utilizing it for any kind of accounting purposes. It has a lot of features that can help you. Sometimes users may face some errors.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Event ID 4
- Corruption in download or incomplete installation of QB pro application.
- Corrupt Windows registry from the latest QB Pro-related application change (install and uninstall)
- Malware or virus infection that has corruption in the windows system files or QB pro-related software files.
- Other software mistakenly or maliciously deleted the QB Pro-related files.
How to Resolve the QuickBooks Pro Error Event ID 4
- Repair Registry Entries Associated with Error Event ID 4
In order to repair by manually editing your windows registry, first, you should create a backup via exporting any registry related to the error event ID 4.
- Click on the start menu
- Enter ‘command’ into the search console and don’t press the enter key.
- Hold CTRL+Shift key and then press the enter key.
- A permission window will appear on your computer screen, click the yes button now.
- A black dialogue box will open with the blinking cursor.
- Enter ‘regedit’ and then hit the enter key.
- In Registry Editor, choose the error event ID 4-related key that you need to backup.
- Choose Export from the file menu.
- Choose the folder where you need to save the backup key of your QuickBooks Pro.
- Type the name of the backup files, for example, the QuickBooks Pro backup into the File name dialogue box.
- Ensure that the ‘selected branch’ is chosen into the Export Range dialogue box.
- Click the save button.
- The file is saved with the .reg file extension.
- Now you need a backup of the QB Pro-related registry entry.
- Conduct a Complete Malware Scan of Your computer
- Clean the System Junk (Temp Files and Folders) With the Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr)
Follow the points to run the Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr) (in Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and 10):
- Click on the Start menu.
- Enter the “command” in the search console.
- Hold CTRL+Shift and then hit the ENTER key.
- A permission dialog box will appear on your computer screen.
- Click the Yes button.
- A black dialogue box will now open with the blinking cursor.
- Enter the “cleanmgr” and then hit the ENTER key.
- Update the Computer Device Drivers
- Use the Windows System Restore in order to “Undo” the System Changes
- Uninstall and then reinstall your QuickBooks Pro Program connected with the Error Event ID 4
- Run the Windows File Checker (“sfc /scannow”)
- Install every Windows Updates which is available
- Attempt the fresh Installation of the Windows