QuickBooks desktop software helps small and medium-sized businesses to take care of their accounting and finance related problems easily and efficiently. With its innumerable tools at disposal, businesses can leave the mundane affairs of administration and finance to the software and focus on more crucial aspects.
While the software can work wonders, little problems such as license error after cloning of hardware, can come in unknowingly and interrupt the user’s activity on QuickBooks. Although not a usual occurrence, one cannot forgo the fact that digital medium comes with its little drawbacks and have to face it whenever one encounters the issue.
Fortunately, though, the QuickBooks technical support team can help you out with the resolution immediately. There are also some resolutions which can be tried at the user’s end, provided you have an expert to work on the software to help find a solution.
What is Licenses error 3371?
The licenses error 3371 is a cloning error, which usually occurs after the hard drive has finished cloning or users have reconfigured their systems in QuickBooks. The error 3771 or the cloning error pops- up as a warning to let you know that there is a problem after configuration.
The most possible causes are that the information after reconfiguring the system has been corrupted or do not match due to some unknown reason. Also, since each time the hardware is configured,
QuickBooks checks the license to ensure they match; the error 3371 might be due to the mismatch of some information or license agreement. Since when QuickBooks is installed, license information is stored on the hard drive, reconfiguring the drive could have affected the information stored.
What are the possible resolutions for Cloning error 3371?
One of the first possible solutions (since there might be a license mismatch) is to reinstall the software back again, with the QuickBooks CD that you purchased. However, if the error 3371 crops up again, then it is time to call for expert help. You can dial up the accounts portal tech support to get the helpdesk experts to work on the problem.
Also, try to follow the below mentioned steps to reduce the error or problems associated with it:
- Click on ‘WINDOWS KEY’ on the keyboard, and then press ‘R’. A ‘RUN’ window will open up.
- On the window, enter the following command: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- The windows explorer window would open at this location.
- Now, find the ‘ecml’ file and right-click on it- to select ‘DELETE’. This will delete the file.
- You can close the window after deleting and re-run the QuickBooks to ‘REGISTER’ once again.
The above resolution will work for QuickBooks products versions – 2013 to 2016.
To re-register QuickBooks software, Close the QuickBooks software and-
- Navigate again to C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\V8
- Now, right-click on ‘EntitlementDataStore.ecml’ file and ‘RENAME’ it and the File also
- When you re-open the QuickBooks, you will be asked to re-register the software and follow the instructions to register QuickBooks software again.
The error 3371 or the cloning error is a common one which occurs as soon as the hard drive is configured. If, as a user, you face this any time, call for expert advice on the accountsportal QuickBooks tech support team numbers. You can also try the resolutions provided, to check if it can be resolved from your end. However, calling our experts from QuickBooks technical support team on ✆+1-800-796-0471 can save your precious time and energy.