QuickBooks Error -6123, 0 When Upgrading or Opening Company File
Your QuickBooks data files or network setup Troubleshoot, when upgrading a company file to a new version of QuickBooks, opening a company file in multi-user mode, opening a company file over a network, or restoring a backup, you have facing error 6123,0: connection to the company file has been lost.
This Error is usually caused by one or more of the following:
- Disrupted network connection with the Host computer
- Firewall settings that prevent QuickBooks Desktop files from accessing the necessary ports.
- Multiple data files or program files of QuickBooks Desktop
- QuickBooks Desktop Damaged data files or program files
- When hosting was on the name of the computer hosting the file was damaged
- McAfee privacy service is installed with the Block Web Bugs filter option selected (this filter conflicts with QuickBooks Desktop)
- Restoring a backup directly from a flash drive or other removable storage device
- Damaged company file
- Damaged Windows user
- QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and a 3rd party Sybase application installed in the same computer (in this circumstance you must contact the provider of the 3rd party software for help, or remove it entirely)
Error 6123, 0 when upgrading company file to a new version of QuickBooks
If you are encountering the error 6123 0 while converting a QuickBooks Desktop 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 (Enterprise 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, or 9.0) file to QuickBooks Desktop 2015, 2016, 2017 or 2018 (Enterprise 15.0, 16.0, 17.0 or 18.0) you can try the following:
- Run the QuickBooks File Doctor: Fix Your Company file or network (US, CA and the UK)
- If you are using a computer that has QuickBooks 2009, 2010, 2011 or 2012 installed, you can try restoring or converting the file in the old version first, before opening the file in new QuickBooks version.
- If you don’t have QuickBooks 2009, 2010, 2011 or 2012 installed:
- And upgrading a new version of QuickBooks Pro or Premier, you can install the QuickBooks Accountant 2010 trail (U.S) or the QuickBooks Premier 2012 trial (Canada) to convert any QuickBooks Pro or Premier files before opening them in an updated version.
- And upgrading a new version of QuickBooks Enterprise (the US and CA Only), you can install the QuickBooks Enterprise 12.0 trail (the U.S and Canada) version to convert any QuickBooks Pro, Premier or Enterprise files before opening them in the updated new version.
- If the Upgrade version did not work:
- Create a transferable company file using the old/current version of QuickBooks.
- Restore the transferable company file using the new version of QuickBooks you are upgrading to.
Reinstall using a clean install of your QuickBooks new version, and attempt the conversion immediately when opening the program.
Error 6123, 0 when the opening company file in QuickBooks
- Download and Run QB File Doctor
- Fix settings manually
- Reinstall QuickBooks
- Troubleshoot possible data damage
Note: If the company file cannot be open by any chance, ‘Switch to multi-user mode’ option will not be available. In that case, go to File>Utilities>Host multi-user access.
This article really helps, For specific troubleshooting steps to resolve the other possible causes of this error, Contact QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number ☎+1-800-796-0471.