QuickBooks software is an accounting management application that has revolutionized the manner of completing financial activities for a business. This has resulted in increased growth and profit, as the saved time and money resource along with manual resources ensures the user can concentrate more on other productive area of the business. The best part about the software is that the user can easily operate the software without requiring any financial knowledge or being technical background. At times while working on the software, user might encounter some technical glitches in form of QuickBooks Error codes. This code basically signifies the area of error and generally helps the customer support team to narrow down different cause for the error. Below we have provided complete detail about one such error called QuickBooks Error 6154.
Reason for QuickBooks Error Code 6154
The main cause of this error is because the folder containing QuickBooks company file could not be accessed. Due to QuickBooks Error 6154 user is unable to open the company file. When the error occurs your system will display an error message displaying that there is an error while connecting with your company file and unable to gain access to the specified file or folder.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6154?
Intuit, manufacturer of QuickBooks, has provided some user friendly methods to resolve this error. However, considering the technical nature of the error it is recommended to try these resolutions under the guidance of QuickBooks experts. Moreover user should keep in mind some points before trying the solutions as listed below:
- Please retry your sync after each solution.
- Make sure you are on the latest release of Intuit Sync Manager
Different solutions provided by Intuit and its experienced customer support:
- Method1 – This error can occur if the file is located in the C: drive of the computer system or a folder with a lot of files. Retry ‘Sync Now’ after a little while.
- Method 2 –
- Move the company file
- Move the company file on a different folder.
- Browse the computer and choose the new location for the file.
- On the new location, create a new folder.
- Go to the current location of the file or folder you want to copy or move.
- Highlight the items you’re moving and press (Ctrl+C ) to copy or (Ctrl+X) to cut.
- Go back to the new location that you want to use for the files and press (Ctrl+V) to paste the items.
- Reset Sync Manager
- From the QuickBooks Help menu, click Manage Data Sync > Reset Sync Manager.
- Login with your application’s user ID/password.
- Allow Sync Manager to complete the first sync.
- Move the company file
If the above two methods are not able to resolve the issue and if the mentioned error still persists, it is recommended to contact QuickBooks technical support team housed by Intuit. If the user is unable to connect with the team due to long queue, then they can go for alternative support agencies. One such agency is called Accountsportal which can be called for support through Toll Free Number – ☎+1-800-796-0471 and for online chat option, browse the website – Accountsportal.co.