QuickBooks database server manager is an essential utility that serves as a means to configure the software for a multiuser mode. Since most of the companies would like to access QuickBooks multi-user mode, the database server manager is a necessary feature to download and install before transforming the software.
Before beginning to download the server manager, check that QuickBooks desktop is installed. Also, ensure that the download of Database server Manager is done in the same system where the company files are stored.
How to Install Database Server Manager?
- To begin, double-click on QuickBooks and click the INSTALLATION WIZARD
- Click ‘NEXT’ and close all the OPEN programs
- When asked, click ‘OK; for accepting all terms and conditions of license agreement’ and click ‘NEXT’
- Now, click on ‘CUSTOM OR NETWORK OPTIONS’
- Select the installation type from the following:
- Click ‘YES, ALLOW ACCESS’ and enter the license number when prompted
- Complete the installation by following the instructions provided.
- You need to set-up the Database server manager once it is installed.
Updating Database Server Manager for QuickBooks
It is essential to update the QuickBooks database server manager periodically to ensure they are up-to-date and run without any error.
- Download the ‘UPDATE QUICKBOOKS DESKTOP TO LATEST RELEASE’ patch and
- REBOOT server once the installation is complete, to avoid errors. Not rebooting may create issues later on. Hence, reboot after installation of an update to proceed with your work
- Once you reboot, you may get a message asking you to update the ‘COMPANY FILE’ to the latest version.
- It will also prompt you to create a backup for the modified company file since the database structure might change during updating.
- Ensure that you follow the prompt and create a backup before opening the company files to work on it.
Setting up of Database Manager once Installed
If you have downloaded and installed database server manager, you need to set it up on the system.
To do that:
- OPEN the server manager by clicking on: START<PROGRAMS<QUICKBOOKS<QUICKBOOKS DATABASE SERVER MANAGER
- As a next step, scan the folder to ascertain if the files stored are configured properly for access. Go to START <Programs<QB<QB database server manager< SCAN FOLDERS.
1. SCAN those folders which contain the QuickBooks files
2. Once the scan is complete, the files are configured for multi-user access
- Use of Monitored drives can help in keeping the QuickBooks Database Server Manager up-to-date. To check 1. START<PROGRAMS<QB<QB database server manager<MONITORED DRIVES
2. Select all local drivers that are to be monitored for company files added, removed or renamed
- Also, check if the server manager status is ‘RUNNING’ when it is hosting company files.
- Check for regular updates of server manager under ‘QuickBooks UPDATES and install them for uninterrupted working.
QuickBooks database server manager is essential for creating Network Data or .ND files, if you are using QB in a multi-user environment. Any problems or issues with downloading or installing or updating server manager, therefore, need to be addressed immediately.
Call the QuickBooks Technical Support team for assistance on any issues related to the installation or updates of server manager. The Accountsportal QuickBooks helpdesk number ✆+1-800-796-0471 is operational 24/7 and the experts will guide you.