The inaugural of QuickBooks 2018 version has been warmly welcomed to the fresh edition to QuickBooks family. The latest release has come up with brand new features and advanced tools that have definitely simplified the accounting and booking operations in the small and medium-sized businesses. It has made the life of the bookkeepers and accountants very simple and easy. QuickBooks users have complained of installation errors in the previous QuickBooks versions, somehow, the same installation errors are followed with the QuickBooks 2018 version as well.
Quickbooks technical support team is approached by the users for fixing these installation issues. QuickBooks professional experts have responded the users to look for a log record within the system. A particular log record is saved as QuickBooks_14LOG. The digits saved in the log refer to the product and time that is involved. You can locate this log record generally in the folder under account organizer comprising of abundant comprehensive information. In maximum cases, this log record is missing creating the error with the successful installation of the software as it is an important segment of QuickBooks installer sector. In case the scenario happens due to the similar reason it is recommended to get in touch with the QuickBooks expert team to resolve the error instantly.
Some of the common errors faced under these installation errors along with their error message are listed below:
“QuickBooks Error Code 1402: Could not open Key”
“QuickBooks Error Code 1603: Damaged QuickBooks Desktop Installation or Microsoft Windows Installer”
“QuickBooks Error Code 1904:  failed to register while installing QuickBooks”
“QuickBooks Error Code 1935: Microsoft .Net framework is not updated in a computer”
Installation errors faced with the software are the direct result of either faulty installation or malfunctioning of certain required components present in the system. In order to repair these errors, Intuit has incepted an exceptional tool called QBInstall Tool (QuickBooks Installation Diagnostic Tool) that can aid the user by going through the software and repairing any issue found while scanning process. The tool is accomplished in tracking issues faced with system components like C++, .NET Framework and MSXML and automatically resolve them. The tool is gold mine in resolving installation errors and is generally recommended to run before trying any other resolution. There are certain key points to remember once the free reign is given to the tool and the problem is resolved:
- Once the user has run the QBInstall tool, they could be requiring reactivating or registering again their QuickBooks application.
- The resolution listed below is certified by Intuit but are only related to Windows OS. As this operating system is not a product of Intuit, if the user faces any issue in resolving the error they can take support from Windows IT customer support team. These errors are quite technical in nature and user can require support from Windows technicians to resolve them.
- In case the errors are encountered while any Windows update was being installed, then it is advised to connect with the proficient IT experts or support team of Microsoft to resolve the problem.
Resolve QuickBooks Installation Error 1603, 1904, 1935 and 1402:
In case any of the above-mentioned error is encountered then Intuit suggests the following three resolutions for the same:
Method 1 – Using QBInstall Tool:
- First, download and install the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the Intuit’s website.
- Save the QBInstall file in the local drive when prompted.
- Before running the close off any program running in the background. The process can take up to 20 minutes to get completed as per the stability of the network and performance speed of the system.
- Once the process is complete restart your Windows system to make sure all the required components are completely updated.
Method 2: Downloading Missing Updates for Windows – It is quite possible that the errors have occurred due to Windows OS not being updated to latest version, in which case QuickBooks 2018 will not be able to get installed properly as the operating system does meet the requirements of the software. In order to update the Windows, the entire user has to do is press the Windows icon key on the keyboard and navigate to Windows Update option. Once the update has been installed, the computer system has to be rebooted to ensure updates are settled in. The user can also update the Operating System manually if they wish to.
Method 3 – Installing Software in Selective Startup – There are times when the other applications stored on the system end up causing interference in working the software smoothly. In such scenario, it is better to completely uninstall the QuickBooks software and then reinstall it in a Selective startup.
If the above three methods are not able to resolve the issue and any of the mentioned error still persists, it is recommended to contact QuickBooks tech Support team housed by Intuit. If the user is unable to connect with the team due to the long queue, then they can go for alternative QB Support agencies. One such agency is called Accountsportal which can be called for support through Toll-Free Number – ☎+1-800-796-0471 and for online chat option, browse the website – Accountsportal.co.