QuickBooks software allows the users to merge customers for better task organizing. In case you previously configured two customers that come from a similar organization, at that point you might need to merge them. This won’t impact the result of past transaction.
When it comes to the management of your customer’s account, this is a standout feature amongst the most advanced as well as valuable accounting tools. By utilizing this accounting software, it is extremely easy to add the complete information of any customer in the accounts.
This business account software gives you the option to manage the business accounts of every customer one at a time. However, there can be several customers and you may need to make the management simple by merging them into QuickBooks.
When you choose the procedure of merging similar customers in QuickBooks, it will effectively delete the account of a customer and will assign each and every data as well as information of the customer to other accounts of the customers. Before you delete the accounts of the customers to merge, it is crucial that you must delete the statements of your customers first. When you are merging similar customer’s accounts, remember that you unable to reverse the procedure and the merging process is always permanent in QuickBooks.
The Process to Merge Customers in QuickBooks
- Click on the Sales button from the left menu.
- Select the Customers option right from the top.
- Choose the customer option whose name you don’t need to utilize then Select Edit function which appears at the top right.
- Important: Ensure that the customers you need to merge at the similar sub-level. You may mark the ‘Is sub-customer box’ as suitable.
- Modify the First name, Title, Last name, Suffix, Middle name to make them equal to the customer you are merging it with. Make sure that the Display Name is the same as well.
- Select the Save button then choose the ‘Yes’ option to confirm that you need to merge two customers together.
To merge two accounts together:
- Now choose the Gear symbol and select the Chart of Accounts.
- Visit the account that you need to keep and then choose the Edit button right from the drop-down in the Action column.
- Note down the Name and the Type of Detail, and verify in case the Is sub-account function is marked. In case it is checked, keep in mind the parent account associated.
- Choose the Cancel option in order to come back to the Chart of Accounts.
- Visit the account that you don’t need to utilize and then select the Edit button from drop-down into the Action column.
- Alter the Name and Type of Detail, and then mark the Is sub-account as suitable. Keep in mind the following regarding the options of Is sub-account:
- You are not able to merge the parent accounts which have existing sub-accounts.
- In case you are going to merge sub-accounts, ensure they are connected with the similar parent account.
- In case the only one is a sub-account, ensure that it is a parent account by marking the option of sub-account.
- Select the Save button then choose the Yes button to ensure that the two accounts are merged.
By following the above-mentioned steps, you can effectively merge the customers in QuickBooks. If you are facing any issue while merging customers, get in touch with our Accountsportal.co QuickBooks tech support team on ✆+1-800-796-0471.