The major purpose of QuickBooks Database Server Manager is to create Network Data files for those company files that are stored on a host computer. In case you are running multiple versions of QuickBooks, then the Database Server Manager should be installed for each version.
Installing multiple QB Database Server Manager Versions will provide several editions of processes but not software.
How do I install QB Database Server Manager?
- Look for the QuickBooks installer on the host computer and double-click on it. Next, open the installation wizard.
- Check whether the host computer has network accessibility and can download the available update. If it does, click on Next.
- If the computer does not have an internet connection, then click on NO and select NEXT.
- Next, terminate all other programs running in the background and click Next.
- Agree to Software License Agreement then click on NEXT.
- Next, open to Custom/Network Options then choose the installation type.
- When prompt click on Yes.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation
- After the install process completes, set up the Database Server Manager.
How do I update QB Database Server Manager?
After you have installed the QuickBooks Database Server Manager, you need to check for the available software update. Occasionally, various software updates release to optimize the use of QuickBooks software. Mostly, newly installed QuickBooks critically needs an update. Perform the steps below:
- Browse and download the patch to the latest release.
Note: Confirm the patch of the server and the workstation is the same.
- Once the patch installation has completed, it is important to reboot the server.
- Once the server is updated, you will be prompt to update the company file to work normally with the updated QuickBooks version.
- You will also be prompt to create a backup so that the update can normally adjust the database structure.
- Follow the instruction to complete the backup. When it completes, you should easily access the file.
How do I set up QB Database Server Manager?
- Open to the QB Database Server Manager.
- Scan the files or folders that you want to configure for multi-user access.
- Next, scan those company files on the server and confirm the files are properly configured to allow multi-user access.
- Use Monitored Drives feature to add new company file to the server.
- Next, ensure the company files have connected to the server and the users have successfully logged into the company files.
- Use the Service Administrative tool in case you wish to make changes in the service status.
Contact the professionals at AccountsPortal.co to clear your queries about QB Database Server Manager or about other QuickBooks tools and features. The professionals well equipped with QuickBooks knowledge and have years of expertise working with QuickBooks. They will in the most friendly way to answer your questions and clear your doubts. You can reach the professionals through phone number +1 (800) 796-0471, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or Live Chat Support.