Sage 50 accounting software allows users to Import or Export data directly from excel or CSV files into the software for use. This import or export of files from the software helps in managing businesses and other transactions easily and help users to transfer from one medium to other without any interruptions.
|Phone Support||Dial +1-800-796-0471|
|Email Support||Send Mail Here|
|Chat Support||Click to Start SAGE Live Chat|
|Form Contact||Fill Send us enquiry|
How to Import files from excel or CSV to Sage 50 software?
To import files into Sage 50 accounts, the files need to be converted into Excel or CSV format. You can also use ‘FILE IMPORT’ templates on the Sage software to make the work easier.
- On the MENU, select ‘HELP’ and click ‘ABOUT’
- From ‘PROGRAM DETAILS’, select ‘PROGRAM DIRECTORY’ link to OPEN ‘IMPORT TEMPLATES’ folder
- You can now access the folder and directly convert files to ready them for import into the software
Importing Files into Sage 50 Software:
After preparing your Data file (converting it from excel or CSV), you can directly import them into Sage accounts. Before doing that, ensure that the file is closed.
- Open Sage 50 Software and Select ‘FILE’ from the menu bar
- From the list displayed, click on ‘IMPORT/EXPORT’
- Now, select ‘import’
- When prompted, (and if required), create a backup at this point, before proceeding and click ‘NEXT’
- When the DATA TYPE window comes up, select the type of data as relevant (the file being imported)and click ‘NEXT’
- Similarly, in the DATE SOURCE window, click to select the relevant format for the file imported (Whether it is xls or csv)
- Also, select other things such as ‘FIRST ROW CONTAINS HEADINGS’ and
- Browse to attach the file you want to IMPORT and click ‘OPEN’
- Select the ‘specific worksheet’ you want to import, click on it to IMPORT
- Click ‘NEXT’ and LINK the imported data to correct fields in Sage software, by completing the ‘IMPORTED FIELD’ column as relevant – check the fields before clicking on them for minimizing errors.
- When all the fields are mapped, click ‘NEXT’ and when SUMMARY is displayed, verify if the information entered is correct.
- Select ‘IMPORT’ and then ‘FINISH’ to complete
-Once Import is complete, and is successful, a list of transactions imported will appear on the ‘IMPORTED RECORD’ window. Close the window to complete the process.
-Sometimes, when importing data files, some errors might pop-up due to selection of wrong fields, wrong format entered and so on. If such errors comes up and ‘IMPORT UNSUCCESSFUL’ message pops-up, then try to EDIT the import by clicking on ‘EDIT IMPORT’. If even after attempting to change the problematic fields, the import is unsuccessful, there might be problem with the file or the Sage software itself. Dial up the Sage technical support team for more details and to resolve it successfully.
-Importing files like customer records, Sage Fixed asset records, Audit trail transactions, supplier records and so on, can be done easily by this above method. Similarly, files can also be EXPORTED from Sage software to others through similar method.
Since many times one needs to import data files to incorporate data in Sage accounts, learn the process of importing files successfully by consulting a Sage expert in the field. The Accountsportal technical support team helps new and old users of Sage to accomplish these simple and effective tasks by helping them with the step-by-step process.