Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15106
QuickBooks Update Error 15106: The update program is damaged or couldn’t be opened when the user tries to open the QuickBooks after updating it.
The major cause of the QuickBooks errors 15106 when you try to update the software with the latest version of QuickBooks available:
- Your system has an antivirus that doesn’t allow the system to set-up a connection with the URL to get the update process performed.
- You haven’t logged in to your system with administrator rights.
Follow these steps to keep the QuickBooks update process continue without any issue or error:
Step #1: First, log-in to your QuickBooks with administrator credentials
- Use admin credentials to log-in to your system if you have already logged in as a different user.
- On your QB Desktop icon, right-click on it and click on run as administrator. The access will automatically change to the administrator.
Step #2: Turn the antivirus off and rename the respective folder
- Open task manager using key command Ctrl+Shift+Esc from the keyboard.
- Now, open the process tab and then check for antivirus (It must be with extension .exe). For time being, uninstall your antivirus.
- Then, click on End Process.
- Now, go to your QuickBooks update folder> Rename it.
1. Press Windows + E key from your keyboard to open file explorer.
2. Now, open QuickBooks Component file from the file explorer.
3. Here, you’ll see downloadqbXX folder, right-click on it and then click on Rename. Note that XX denotes the year from which the version is.
4. At the end of the file name, add .old
5. Now, start updating your QuickBooks Desktop once again
Step #3: Turn the User Account Control (UAC) off:
- For Windows 7 and 8 – turning the UAC off temporarily will work.
- For Windows 10, you need to connect with us via our Toll-Free Number +1800-796-0471.
If you still get the Error message 15106, follow these steps:
- Run the command Reboot.bat
- Now, start your desktop once again and then re-open your QuickBooks software.
- Now that you are free to install the update, you can go for it.
- If the problem is still in there, you need to delete the update first. Then download and install it.
- Go to your QuickBooks Desktop> Click on Help Menu> Click on Update your QB Desktop
- Click on the Update Now tab> Reset your Update Check-box
- Click on Get Updates. The re-downloading of the updates will start
- Now, wait for the download to complete. Once complete, click on reopen QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on Install now in your QB Desktop Service Window.
To know more, call us on our QuickBooks Technical Support Toll-Free Number +1800-796-0471 or you can simply connect with us via our Official Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org.