Before you set up multi-user mode QuickBooks terminal server:
Before we jump into the steps, please make sure that you have completed these steps:
- Install the QuickBooks Desktop. (If you are first time user of QuickBooks.)
- You must configure the folder permissions so that you can share the company files.
- Sometimes your PC’s firewall or antivirus software hinders the multi-user mode. Therefore please make sure that you configured the mentioned software to get an access.
- Have you set up the QuickBooks Database server manager? This step is important because QuickBooks requires database file manager to interact with company files.
- Then you should check the Windows admin so that you get permission for the multi-user access.
- As an additional recommendation from us, you should also map a network drive.
- Lastly, you should open the company file which is located on a remote computer.
Related Article: QuickBooks Multi User Mode Setup for Pro, Premier & Enterprise Versions
Ways to set up multi-user mode QuickBooks terminal server:
In this section of the article, we will look at the ways of setting up the user mode in QuickBooks terminal server. Please make sure that you follow the steps in the right order as mentioned below:
There are two methods to set up the user mode in QuickBooks terminal server. They are:
- Recommended Mode
- Alternate Mode.
We will discuss both the modes in detail in this article. So here we go:
Method 1: Recommended Mode:
This mode requires the company file to be set up on the host or the primary computer. To use this mode, please follow these steps:
- Launch into QuickBooks.
- Go to the ‘File’ option and click on it.
- From the drop-down menu please choose ‘Utilities option.
- Next, click on ‘Host Multi-User Access’ option.
- QuickBooks will ask you to confirm the changes. Please select ‘Yes.’
Please Note: This mode should be turned on ONLY on the host or the primary computer. In case of using a ‘server to host’ file, please dedicate one computer as ‘Host computer.
Warning: NEVER turn this mode on for a workstation!
Method 2: Alternate Mode:
- Firstly close the QuickBooks Desktop and QBW32.exe on your PC.
- Now go to C drive.
- Then open the ‘ProgramData’ folder.
- Go to ‘QuickBooks (Year)’ folder via ‘Intuit’ folder.
- In notepad edit QBW.ini file.
- Type ‘ENABLENONRECOMMENDEDMODE=1’ under ‘MISC’ section.
- Save the QBW.ini file.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Switch to Multi-user mode.
- In case you see an error, select ‘Alternate Setup.’
- Click ‘Yes’ to confirm the changes.
Scope of Service:
Customer satisfaction is what we aim for. Therefore in case after going through this article if you still have any further doubts in ‘setting up the user mode in QuickBooks terminal server’, please feel free to contact us at:
- For any issues, call QuickBooks Technical Support Toll-free number ✆+1-800-796-0471.
- You can write to us at email@example.com
- You can also chat with us LIVE!