Setting up group items in QuickBooks is useful when it comes to entering a few items on an invoice. It is a regular tool that you will often use while using QuickBooks. This article will assist you in doing so.
Steps to Set up Group items in QuickBooks
In this section, we will look at the steps to Set up Group items in QuickBooks. Please make sure that you follow the instructions in the right order as mentioned here:
|Note: Group inventory doesn’t restrict you based on the type of times you are intending to group in QuickBooks.|
- Launch into QuickBooks.
- Go to the ‘Lists’ tab.
- From the drop-down list please select ‘Item List.’
- On the left corner in the item list, please click on ‘New.’
- This step will open a new item setup window on your computer screen.
|Note: Alternatively you can also press ‘Ctrl’ and ‘N’ keys together to open the new item setup window.|
- Decide on the items that will go in your group list.
- In the ‘Item’ section type the name of your desired item.
- Press ‘Enter to add your desired item to the group items in QuickBooks.
- You can set the inventory type too based on the type of the items you are selected. Although this is up to your discretion. You can set the type of the inventory by clicking on ‘Type of items’ in the new set up window.
- Please choose ‘Group’ as the type to set up a Group Item.
- In the next field, you can enter the names of the items you wish to add to the group items. Therefore in the ‘Name/ Number text bar please supply the required information.
- In the ‘Description’ text bar you need to fill a brief description of the items that you are intending to include in the group items.
- Then QuickBooks offers you to print the group items window for future reference sakes. You can skip this step if you wish to save a digital copy of the group items within QuickBooks app.
- Once you are through with the above steps, now you need to select all the items that you want to be a part of the Group items in QuickBooks.
|Note: QuickBooks offers an upper limit of 50 items to be added in the Group items list.|
- Once you are satisfied with the information you have fed, please click on ‘OK’ to save the changes.
- You can now use the Group Items.
Scope of Service:
We hope you were able to set up a Group items list in QuickBooks with the help of this article. Our team of QuickBooks ProAdvisor Support experts is happy to support you 24/7 should you feel any other assistance: