Outlook is a great platform that can be used by QuickBooks to send invoices to people like your customers.
Please note: In order to use Outlook you should make sure that you are using the right version of the Outlook which is compatible with the version of the QuickBooks application that you are using. You can check the compatibility of the two software, on the Intuit website.
How to send invoices from QuickBooks through Outlook
Set up your Outlook account in QuickBooks:
Please follow these steps:
- Firstly create an ‘Outlook Email Profile.’
- You should have the ‘Username’, ‘Password’, ‘Incoming email server address’, ‘Incoming email server type’, and ‘Outgoing email server address.’
- Now you need to set up the Outlook in QuickBooks Desktop in the following way:
- Launch QuickBooks.
- Go to ‘Edit’ menu.
- Choose ‘Preferences’ option.
- Click on ‘Send Forms.’
- Choose ‘Outlook.’
- Click on ‘Ok.’
Once the Outlook account is set up in QuickBooks you can easily send any number of invoices to your customers.
Points to keep in mind:
There are points to bear in mind to ensure a smooth running of the Outlook account in QuickBooks. They are:
Email preference in Internet Explorer:
After setting up the Outlook in QuickBooks, you should make sure that the email preference is set correctly in Internet Explorer. Here is how you can do it:
- Close any tab of QuickBooks on your computer.
- Now open ‘Internet Explorer.’
- Go to the ‘Tools’ option.
- From the drop-down menu please choose ‘Internet Options.’
- Now select the ‘Program’ option.
- Here you need to make sure that the right email program is chosen under the default email program. In this case, since we want to use Outlook, please make sure ‘Outlook’ is chosen.
- After ensuring the email program, click on ‘Apply’ to apply the changes made.
- To confirm the changes, please click on ‘Ok.’
- Now close the ‘Internet Explorer.’
- Now you can launch QuickBooks and start sending invoices to people like your customers.
Ensure that QuickBooks is not running as an administrator:
Please flow these steps:
- On your computer, right click on the QuickBooks icon.
- From the drop-down list, choose ‘Properties’ option.
- Go to the ‘Compatibility’ tab.
- Uncheck the option that says- ‘Run this program as Administrator.’
Tip: In case you find ‘Run this program as Administrator’ tab in gray color, then you need to choose ‘Show settings for all users’ option. Then you can make the required changes.
- Click on ‘Ok.’
- Exit the QuickBooks program.
Scope of Service:
This article was meant to guide you on ‘How to send invoices from QuickBooks through Outlook.’ We hope this article served its purpose. In case you are facing any other confusion related to the topic, please feel free to contact our team of experts. We are available 24/7 at your service at:
- For any issues, call QuickBooks Technical Support Toll-free number ✆+1-800-796-0471.
- If you wish to explain your case in writing, you can shoot an email to us at- firstname.lastname@example.org
- For those looking for an instant one on one technical support, they can feel free to chat with us LIVE with one of our experts!