The QuickBooks Error 6189, -83 usually occurs when a user tries to open a QuickBooks company file which is saved in a folder on the same PC that runs QB database server. When you try to access the company file, you will confront the error message: ‘Not be able to access the company file, (QuickBooks Error 6189, -83).
The error basically occurs when the QuickBooks data service doesn’t have the right permission access or unable to read accurately.
To resolve this error, ensure that your QB database server has complete permission access. The name of QB data services differ depends upon the version of QB which you are utilizing currently.
Resolutions of the Error 6189, -83
When a QB Company file is on your PC, close any running QuickBooks program and restart the QuickBooks application.
- Verify the hosting: In this step, you have to open the QuickBooks on all systems and then press the F2 button in order to open the software program information dialogue box.
Server (Hosting PC)
- Verify the local server information that appears on the lower side of the screen (left side) to verify that the hosting is configured to the local files only, or either local & remote files.
- In case your hosting is OFF, go to file menu > select utilities > click on the stop hosting Multi-user access function and then follow the instructions on the screen.
Note: However, in case you already have installed the QB Database Server Manager, follow the next step.
- Verify the local server info section that appears on the left side of the screen in order to check that you have turned off the hosting.
- In case your hosting is not OFF, go to the file menu > select the utilities button > click on the stop hosting multi-user access function and then proceed to the instructions of the screen.
- Then open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and then scan the folder. After that, it will create a *ND file which allows the multi-user access.
Another way to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6189, -83:
- The QuickBooks database can be harmed due to certain reasons and moreover, it must be repaired so that data can be accessed easily.
- Make use of the QuickBooks File repair tool to resolve the error.
- The QuickBooks file repair tool helps in repairing and recovering all the important files from the QuickBooks database.
- The application is compatible with the Windows XP, 7, 8 server 2000, 2003 and Windows NT. With the assistance of this booming repair tool, you can get the best recovery of the QuickBooks database that can effectively restore the files into the original format.
If the issue still occurs after following these procedures, then immediately contact our Accountsportal QuickBooks tech support team. You can dial our 24*7 QuickBooks tech support helpdesk ✆+1-800-796-0471. Call now and get the best assistance from our QuickBooks experts.