QuickBooks password protects you at multiple levels as this software is not merely associated with your business but involves aspects related to your business such as customers, employees, vendors, bank accounts, viewing customer information, managing receivables, invoicing several transactions and so much more can be done with this application! So needless to say, the password is that sensitive information which must guard at all costs and should be taken very seriously.
Intuit requests you to create a password when you first set up your QuickBooks account. However, if you decide to remove the password, you can do so. In this article, we will guide you for it. So let us begin!
Instructions on removing QuickBooks password requirements
In this section of the article, we will look at the ways to remove the password requirements in QuickBooks. Please follow the steps given here in the right order as mentioned.
- Log into QuickBooks with your credentials i.e. ‘Username’ and the ‘Password.’
- Now in the menu bar please select the option that says- ‘Company.’
- Then go to ‘Change QuickBooks Password’ option.
- In the ‘Change QuickBooks Password’ window, you first would need to submit the current password.
- You will also see two new fields named- ‘New Password’ and ‘Confirm Password.’
- Please leave these two fields totally blank.
- Now as you go down the page, please look for the option that says- ‘Challenge Question.’
- Click on ‘Select’ option.
- In the text bar where you are supposed to fill in an answer, please leave it blank.
- If you find an answer to the ‘Challenge Question’, then please erase the answer.
|Please note: QuickBooks Pro’s older versions did not have ‘Challenge Question’ option. So you can skip the ‘Challenge Question’ step if you are using an old version of QuickBooks Pro.|
- After making the above changes you will get a prompt form the QuickBooks. QuickBooks will ping you about the new changes made to your password i.e. no password is saved.
- After receiving the prompt from QuickBooks, please click on ‘OK.’
- Once you confirm the changes to the QuickBooks, your desired password changes will get applied.
- Please close the QuickBooks app.
- Restart your computer. This step will allow your computer t settle with the new changes that you have made.
- You will now notice that you no more have to enter any password while opening your QuickBooks account.
|Warning: Your reputation comes at risk when the sensitive information and data from your vendors, customers, sellers, banks, employees comes at risk due to no password protection. Do not make any haste in deciding to remove your password!|
Scope of Service:
We take pride as your QuickBooks account worries stay sorted with the help of our articles. Our team of experts is always on a lookout to assist you in any possible way: