Sage software offers incomparable solutions to all the accounting needs of small and medium-sized businesses. While the tools in Sage software can offer relentless support to the users, there are times when problems such as the Script Error can stop all operations.
The good part, however, is that the Sage technical support team can help resolve the issue instantly, to shorten the unfortunate interruption. Have a look at what Sage Script error indicates and how to resolve it, with the help of a suitable technical help.
Sage Script Error – Causes and Resolution
Below-mentioned are some of the reasons why the Sage Script error can crop up in the Software.
- The latest release for the Sage software could not be installed
- The version of I.E used is not supported by the software
- The ActiveX control on I.E has blocked the access of the software
- Invalid program path files
- UAC control set too high/not proper setting established
- Installation was interrupted or damaged.
Resolutions for Sage Script Error:
Depending upon the reason for the error, the troubleshooting steps, as well as the solution, will differ. Here are some of the resolutions for the Script error in Sage software.
- Update to latest Release
Check if the Sage software and its tools are updated to the latest release. Working on an older version may also create the issue to occur.
- Click on Sage software to Open it
- Click Download and Exit the Sage software
- The latest service release will be downloaded and installed
- Check if the error persists.
- Sage Advisor Settings:
- Open Sage software and click on Help and Sage Advisor Settings
- Browse to find Show Setup Advisor on-screen assistance and clear it
- Now, click Ok and Exit Sage software for the changes to apply
- Check if the error has been fixed
- Check Installation Damage
A damaged or corrupted installation file can also create the script error to appear in Sage software.
- Come out of Sage software and click to the Program Path
- Check for the folder PTToday and change it to OLDPTToday
- Also, browse for folder product Services and change it to OLDProductServices
- Click to Run Repair
- Also, disable Antivirus and check for the latest release to reinstall it
- Once again, check if the error is fixed
- If not, proceed to the next resolution.
- Check ActiveX Control:
- Click Open the Internet Explorer and select Tools and Internet Options
- Here, browse to find Security and click on Local Intranet
- Locate the Custom Level button, and click on it
- Now, find ActiveX Controls and plug-ins and enable the ‘Allow Previously unused ActiveX Controls to run without prompt’
- Now, Enable the ‘Run ActiveX Controls and Plug-ins’ and click on Ok and Yes, when prompted
If even after the last resolution, the problem persists, it is best to talk to the Sage tech support experts for guidance. The Sage experts are available on the Accountsportal help desk number ✆+1-800-796-0471 and can be contacted for issues regarding the Sage software and other related products.
Resolving the Script error is an utmost priority since the issue will not let the users operate on the software normally.