Sage 50 is one of the highly recommended accounting solutions available. While working on the software, you may come across certain situations that may lead you to some technical errors like Sage 50 Error Code 1721. This Sage 50 error comes in the category of the installation error. It occurs when you are trying to install the Sage 50 accounting software on your system. It is similar to other sage 50 installation errors like Error Code 1603, 1722, 1618, etc. It is often followed by the Error 1605. When you come across this installation error in Sage 50, you will see the following message getting displayed on your computer screen.
Error Code 1721: There is an issue with this version of Windows Installer package. A program is required for this install to complete could not be run. You need to contact your support personnel or the package vendor for assistance.
Here are some causes for the sage Error Code 1721:
- Windows installer is registered/ unregistered.
- Windows installer has corrupt data files.
- Issues with registry cleaning.
- Issues with a new version of windows installer
Here are some steps that are to be followed to resolve your Sage 50 Error Code 1721. This error is also known as the Microsoft error as it is related to Windows Installation Engine.
Solution I: Windows Installer
- Reboot your system.
- Log in to the system as the administrator.
- Click on My PC and browse to the data path C:\WINDOWS\system32.
- Locate the msiexec.exe file and right-click on it.
- Click on properties and go to version. Now, you can check for the version of the windows installer.
- In case, you are working on the Windows XP Service Pack or the higher version then, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Start menu.
- Click on the Run Command option.
- In the search column, type CMD
- Command Prompt Windows will open on your screen, type the following commands:
- msiexec /unregister
- msiexec /regserver
- Re-register the installer then try to reinstall your Sage 50 software.
- Modify your registry and delete any keys that are related to Sage 50.
Or, just follow these simple steps:
- Reconnect the external device to your system that has Sage 50 software installed in it.
- Uninstall the Sage 50 application from your system.
- Re-install the Sage 50 software to the default program path of the Windows operating system.
The solutions above will successfully resolve your sage 50 Error Code 1721. For more details get in touch with Accountsportal.co by calling on their toll-free helpline number 1-800-796-0471.
Accountsportal.co is one of the leading customer service providing an agency that provides Sage 50 Technical Support for accounting software like Sage 50. They provide solutions technical as well as functional issues across the globe. They are available round the clock so that you can reach them at any point in time. You can either call them on their toll-free helpline number ☎+1-800-796-0471. There is also an alternative method available to get connected with them instantly i.e. you can visit their website and request for Sage 50 Live Chat Support. By doing so, you can instantly chat with the Sage expert. They have an expert team of Sage professionals who have years of experience in handling all kinds of Sage issues.