Sage 50 is one of the most recommended accounting software. When you are trying to install the software on your computer system, there are occasion when you are unable to install it due to some technical issues. These technical issues are termed as installation error. One such installation error is Error Code 1618. It is mostly followed by another error i.e. Sage 50 Install Error 1603.
Sage 50 Error Code 1618 is also called as Microsoft Error as it occurs on the computer with Windows Operating System installed on it.
Sage experts have suggested a few methods to resolve the Sage 50 Error Code 1618.
Solution I: Windows Installer
- Log into your computer system as Administrator.
- Check for updated version for your Windows installer.
- Click on My Computer or This PC icon from your computer desktop.
- Go to the following location on your C:\ drive, “C:\WINDOWS\system32”.
- Locate the exe file and right-click on the file.
- Click on the Properties option and then select Version. You can get all the information regarding Windows Installer’s version.
- If you are using the older version then update it.
- Now, reboot your computer.
Solution II: Backup Registry
If Microsoft Windows XP operating system is installed on your computer system then it is recommended that you have Service Pack 2 or higher version installed on your computer system.
- Press Windows Start key from your keyboard.
- Select the Run command
- In the search field type, Command Prompt.
- Command Prompt window will open on your computer screen.
- Type msiexec/unregister or msiexec/regserver.
- Register your Windows installer and then re-install Sage 50 Accounting software.
Important: Create a backup for your windows registry before editing. It is recommended to do so; if the current registry does not have the desired effect then you can easily restore the previous Windows registry.
- From the windows taskbar, press Start
- Click on the Run Command
- Type regedit in the search field.
- Click on My Computer.
- Go to File menu and click on Export
- Select the All option in Export range for the dialog box that gets displayed on your computer system.
- Save the Windows registry backup on your selected location in your computer system.
- After creating backup, go back to Windows registry window and delete the keys.
- Deleting keys also deletes all of its sub-keys.
With the solution mentioned above, you can easily eliminate your Sage 50 Install Error 1618. In case, this installation error still persists, then you should reach out to the technical expert for assistance. You should contact “Accountsportal.co” for assistance. They are one of the highly recommended Sage Customer support providing consultants who provide round the clock assistance across the world. You will have to give a call on their toll-free customer support number ☎+1-800-796-0471. You can also request for Sage 50 Chat Support and instantly get in touch with the Sage expert who will help you in resolving your issues.