What is QuickBooks Pro Error 80029c4a?
The QuickBooks Pro Error 80029c4a appeared for the first time in 2016 when the Desktop version of QuickBooks was introduced in the market. The problem arose mainly while starting up QuickBooks and over time, users began reporting about it. Most users said they received an error message that read, [Problem: There was an unexpected error reported while trying to run QuickBooks with company file “XXXXX.”]
Causes of QuickBooks Pro Error 80029c4a
The main cause of the QuickBooks Pro Error 80029c4a is when there is any damage in your Desktop system file or it has been corrupted and you’re not able to locate it. In other instances, the error can occur if your antivirus software mistakenly marks your QuickBooks Desktop system file as one that has been infected by the virus. There can also be some freak instances that will cause the error to show up suddenly.
QuickBooks Error 80029c4a will appear unexpectedly when you try to open the company file. This error occurs on most of the older versions of QuickBooks and is now quite a common issue faced by users all over. Some folks believe that the cause of an unexpected error is their antivirus program, Avast, which announced some updates recently. In the process, it also removed some of the QuickBooks DLL files, which resulted in this error.
How to Fix QuickBooks Pro Error 80029c4a?
Depending on how persistent or difficult the problem is, you could try to fix QuickBooks Error 80029c4a in two ways.
- Uninstall and then reinstall your QuickBooks Desktop using clean install; also update it to the latest release
- If any company files are open, you must close them – on File, choose ‘Close Company /Logoff’; and then, click Exit
- Now run QuickBooks as administrator after right-clicking on your QB Desktop icon
- On the ‘Help’ menu, choose ‘Update QuickBooks’, choose ‘Options’. Then choose ‘Mark All’ and click on ‘Save’.
- Next, choose ‘Update Now’, followed by ‘Reset Update’ and finally, ‘Get Updates’.
- Soon the ‘Update Complete’ message will appear; you must close your QuickBooks Desktop immediately after you see this message
- After opening your QuickBooks Desktop, if you see the message ‘Install’ click ‘Yes’. Upon completion of the installation, you should restart your system
Feel free to try this solution before Solution 1 depending on how you read the problem. You need to check if your anti-virus software has set quarantine for your QuickBooks DLL library files. As mentioned in the example of Avast anti-virus software earlier, there have been cases when QuickBooks files were quarantined by the antivirus software running in the system. It won’t be possible for you to check on your own, the files that your anti-virus software has quarantined. You will have to contact your anti-virus software provider to help you with the technical support needed to check if your anti-virus program has quarantined any files, and if so, then does it include your QuickBooks program files?
Even when new features are added to QuickBooks, the performance not just improves but the chances of errors also decreases. You are able to get a better understanding of your business when the new features merge with the software.
If you want to make any inquiry and need further assistance from QuickBooks technical support, then contact our QuickBooks technical support team on the toll-free number. They are third-party consultancy who provides QuickBooks assistance worldwide. These QuickBooks Error Support team experts are highly trained and knowledgeable. To contact them, call on the customer support toll-free number. You can get in touch with them at any point in time as they provide 24*7 customer assistance. The toll-free number to reach them is ☎+1-800-796-0471.