|QuickBooks Error -6147, 0: the error usually appears while taking backup or restoring the company file.|
The reason behind the error code that you can get resolved by connecting with our technical team via Live Chat Support
- Corrupt/Missing or Damaged Company/Data file.
- Using the network drive to restore the backup.
- The backup file may exceed 210 characters
Steps to resolve the issue
If you perform the recommended actions, your issues will be fixed. There can rise many other possibilities of getting problems in the software. In such cases, you should try other alternative options to fix the issues, else, call our technical support team on our technical support team ✆+1-800-796-0471.
Important Points: If there is some error in the backup, go to the method 2.
Important Points: If you have installed any security software or you have Trend Micro Titanium, go for Method 3.
- Method 1: Download QuickBooks File Doctor, install this application and run this tool.
- Method 2: Restore the data backup via another location.
Important Point: If there is any issue with the backup file, you can consider solution measure to host the backup or you can go to the network drive to host the file. Check a copy of the backup file onto another location in your PC.
- Make sure that it does not host your computer.
- Go to the file menu and click on the utilities.
- If you see Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option in the list:
- Click on Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
- Now, click on yes.
- Now, you will see a closed option in the company file window, click on yes.
- Now, go to the backup file of your system, restore from it. If you have another backup in your system, you can restore that backup also.
If the problem still remains in your software, the company file path should have less than 210 characters. For an instance: here is the company file that has less more than 210 company characters in it.
- Even if the problem persists after performing the solutions, you must check that the particular path to the company file contains lesser than 210 characters. For example, there are 125 characters in this path: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Sample Company Files\QuickBooks 2010\Sample_company_file.qbw. (250 characters to be exact)
- If the problem still persists in your computer, you can contact our technical support team to get this issue resolved.
Method 3: You need to configure Micro Active Scan settings. Identify the folder that has a company file. Keep that particular folder aside.
To find out the location of the company file:
- From the keyboard, long press the control key and then double-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Your software will open but your company file will remain closed.
- From the list of no company open window, you have to select the company file. Make sure that it is on the top.
- Now, look at the file that bears file location.
The resolution has certain technical points that, sometimes, can’t be understood by non-technical persons. Here is what you can do in that case: you need to contact our QuickBooks Error Support team via our Toll-Free Number ✆+1-800-796-0471, Live Chat Support or send us an email on our official email address: email@example.com.