At the time of opening or structuring a Company File, verification failure of database connectivity occurs
QuickBooks is as susceptible to error as any other powerful software. It is imperative to resolve these errors in time and as soon as possible so as to avoid much business loss. One such error is QuickBooks error -6129, 0 which comes with warning when the users tries to access company file under QuickBooks software or tries to create a new file. The best thing about errors with QuickBooks software is that it is always accompanied with a message and an error code which usually helps to narrow down specific reasons due to which error has occurred. There are certain ways that Intuit itself has brought through which these errors can be resolved without any fuss.
The article compiled basically lists out various resolutions that are feasible for resolving QuickBooks error 6129, 0 by following certain steps and methods. We will also try to get to the bottom of why the error happens and how to avoid it in the future.
QuickBooks Error 6129, 0 denotes that the computer system consisting of QuickBooks software is not allowing successful creation of company record or file and crops up when the user is trying to model a new company file of the software. Another basic reason behind the eruption of this error is when accessing the company file with certain windows operating system. Some of the Windows OS which aids in QuickBooks error 6129, 0 are listed below:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows ME and
- Windows 2000
As per Intuit, QuickBooks Error 6129, 0 can be caused due to any of the following mentioned reasons:
- Security software like antivirus causing restrictions at the time of creating new company file or record.
- Corrupt network file with extension – .nd.
- Restructuring of company file from old QuickBooks folder while the administrator login of the system for the user is not working properly.
- The software and company file are on different system.
Call 1-800-796-0471 For Quickbooks Error 6129, 0 Support
The QuickBooks error 6129, 0 can crop up while the user is trying to create new company file / record within QuickBooks or when trying to open the QuickBooks file. The most important part is full disclosure of the error including the activity that user was performing when the error happened. This helps to narrow down the reason behind QuickBooks Error 6129, 0 which in turn helps to figure out perfect solution for the same.
Resolving QuickBooks Error -6129, 0
Intuit has brought out numerous ways to resolve QuickBooks error 6129, 0 that are enumerated below. It is quite possible that first resolution itself might cure the issue or all four resolutions might be used. It is recommended that all the resolutions should be followed in the order they are illustrated. Furthermore, the user should check are each resolution whether the issue is resolved to know which method worked the most.
Resolution 1: Suppose the issue of QuickBooks error 6129, 0 crops up while redesign of organization record is taking place
First step is to figure out whether the issue crops up with only one record or all of them. For this try to open another record within the company file. In order for the step to work user will need to access their administer right to get into the system and overhaul the company file. In the scenario user is unable to garner administrator right they will need to get in touch with proficient IT tech experts.
Resolution 2: If operating Windows in Safe Mode then needs to disable antivirus.
- Start the system again under safe mode only.
- Once the system starts operating properly, disable the antivirus employed. However, Internet connectivity with the system should not be on. Make sure that network connectivity is down before going for disabling of the software. Once the steps noted below get completed, user can reassign the antivirus software with the system without turning on the Internet:
o Recreate company file of QuickBooks
o Turn the normal mode on from Safe mode and then restart the computer system.
o Once the system is started up go to QuickBooks software and try to open the company file.
Resolution 3: QuickBooks .nd files and records should be renamed
- Locate files ending with .nd from the drive of the system hosting the shared file of QuickBooks company file.
- Select and right click the files found having connection with company file of QuickBooks and then select the rename option from the list.
- After entering the file name type in .OLD and then press on Enter button. This will accord following name to the file: company name.qbw.nd.OLD
- In case the file is found in more than one system, following steps are recommended. When the user operated QuickBooks on one system they the benefit of
opening the company file promptly without any delay:
o Go to start button of your system and click on Programs, then QuickBooks and lastly select the folder named QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
o Next select scan folders option.
o In case no file crops up, go to add folder option and add it now.
o Again click on scan and once the scan is over, close the window.
o Now open the QuickBooks Company file.
Resolution 4: Structure another folder and open company files under QuickBooks through this folder
- First and foremost, open a new folder.
- Now transfer all the QuickBooks company files (ending with .QBW only) to the new folder.
- If the user uses only one system to QuickBooks then they can open company file now, however, if the file is accessed on more than one computer system then next steps need to be followed.
- Go to start button of your system and click on Programs, then QuickBooks and lastly select the folder named QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Next select scan folders option.
- In case no file crops up, go to add folder option and add it now.
- Again click on scan and once the scan is over, close the window.
- Now open the QuickBooks Company file
The four solutions listed above should be enough to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6129, 0. However if that is not the case you can easily get in touch with us at Accountsportal.co and garner expert resolution services from our in-house trained technicians who are available round the clock.
In order to cater to the needs and requirements of our esteemed customers, we offer 24*7 services with complete resolution guarantee within stipulated time period. You can connect with through QuickBooks Error 6129, 0 toll free number – ☎ +1-800-796-0471 and converse with our QuickBooks Tech Support team who will patiently listen to your issue and provide authentic feasible solution for the same.