QuickBooks has made handling accounting and payroll easier and simpler for organizations irrespective of their size. The software is embedded with different features to help organizations in the management of various organizational functions. Of course, QuickBooks helps users in many ways but then it is not devoid of the errors that arise while using it. There are multiple error codes that users come across while working with the software but QuickBooks error – 6073, -816 is the most common of all.
The QuickBooks error -6073, – 816 arises when the company file doesn’t open. There may be someone else using the same company file. In this scenario, you can ask the other user to connect to multi-user configuration. This will let both of you access the same file at the same time.
- The QuickBooks server and the workstation both are located on different software versions
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager has some issue
- Limited user permission
- Damaged Network Data file or its absence
- Hosting is “on” on multiple systems
- Transaction Log or the Network Data file is hidden
- Corrupt company file
- Firewall settings blocked the QuickBooks access
- The software runs pre-scheduled backup at the time of file being used
Before applying any other solution to fix the error, it is recommended to try QuickBooks File Doctor tool. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- Download QuickBooks File Doctor online
- Install it on your system
- Run it
- Let your system be scanned
- Locate the area of issue
- Resolve the issue
Fixing QuickBooks Error -6073, -816
When it comes to resolving the error, there are various options you can opt for based on the cause of it.
Option 1: When the reason is the incompatibility of QuickBooks web and your computer
- Upgrade the software to the latest version or statement found online
- Check if the error has been resolved. If not, opt for Option 2.
Option 2: When multiple PCs are operating on the hosting
- Browse to the instruction in error that reads: “QuickBooks was not able to start the company file”
- Follow the instructions and modify the hosting accordingly
- Check if the error has resolved. If not, go to Option 3
Option 3: When the user permission is limited
- Browse to the instruction in Error:”You do not have enough permission to the particularized folder”
- Follow the instructions to adjust the licenses appropriately
- Check if the error has resolved. If not, opt for Option 4
Option 4: When the system files and transaction log files are set as hidden
- Go to My Computer
- Select Tools menu
- Choose Folder Options
- Click View
- Choose Display hidden folders and files
- Click OK
- Close My Computer tab that was open
- State the file folder and see the web data and transaction log files
- Right-click on web data
- Click Properties
- Remove Hidden selection
- Press OK
In case you face any difficulty in following the above-mentioned steps, you can connect with AccountsPortal QuickBooks tech support helpdesk for further assistance.
Accountsportal.co Technical Support – Scope of Service
We offer the best and most efficient QuickBooks technical support service to clients and customers. Our AccountsPortal technical team of experts make sure they help you in resolving the technical issues that you face from time to time. You can contact us at 24*7.
Feel free to call us at ✆+1-800-796-0471 for any help and assistance.