QuickBooks Error 1321: The Installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file
When installing or updating your QuickBooks, you see error code 1321, followed by one of these messages:
- The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\CfScan.DLL
- The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\sdkeventl.DLL
- The Installer has insufficient Privileges to modify the file at C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks YEAR\QBONLI32.DLL
- The Installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file 
Note: The authentic .dll file name will be different in the error, and if you hit retry, you may see more than one message and the installation or update may fail.
What is the Reason of Showing Error 1321?
These are several possible causes for this error:
- The file copy process may be slower than the file update process.
- Your security software or antivirus (such as WebRoot, McAfee) is clash with or blocking QuickBooks.
- Windows permission for the folder containing the file is set to restrict access.
- File referenced in the error is in use or damaged.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1321?
Recommends 3 solutions for fix QuickBooks Error 1321. The first step may fix your issue, or you may need to try all 3 steps to resolve the issue. See the below mentions steps for fix QuickBooks related error 1321.
Solution 1: File copy process may be slower than the file update process.
- Click Retry to allow the update to complete.
If that doesn’t work, click Cancel on the error message and try to step 2.
Solution 2: Temporarily turn off antivirus software and reinstall or update
- Temporarily disable your antivirus or security software. Allude to the software vendor’s web site or other support option for help with this process.
- Install QuickBooks or your update.
- Enable again your security software or antivirus.
Solution 3: Edit the Windows permissions on the folder
For follow these steps require that you know that you’re running a 32 or 64-Bit version of Windows.