Multiple copies of transactions can be a potential challenge to the smooth management of your business. It can affect the flow, and can also lead you to some serious errors. Therefore it is wise to control the manifestation of the duplicates in the QuickBooks.
Causes of Duplicates in QuickBooks:
What are the reasons that cause the duplicating of transactions in the QuickBooks? Let us look at some reasons here:
- The most common reason is when one manually updates the transactions in between the duration of the points of time when QuickBooks automatically does it by default.
- Sometimes a bad connectivity can cause duplication in QuickBooks. For example- The transaction appears to be pending but in reality, it has already gone through.
- As a third possibility, at times you may get duplicate transactions on your bank account statement. So there is no role of QuickBooks in that scenario.
How to find and resolve duplicated in QuickBooks?
In this section of the article we will look at the ways in which you can find and resolve the issue of duplication in QuickBooks:
Method 1: How to locate the duplicates in QuickBooks:
Please follow these steps:
- Launch ‘QuickBooks.’
- Click on ‘Transactions’ page.
- When there are duplicates present then QuickBooks prompts a note saying- ‘Delete Duplicate Transactions.’
- Here you can see the duplicates.
Method 2: Get rid of the duplicates in QuickBooks:
Please follow these steps:
- Launch QuickBooks.
- Select the ‘Banking’ option.
- Now click on ‘Bank Feeds Center.’
- Click and open the ‘Bank Accounts’ tab.
- Here look for ‘Checking Account’ and select it.
- Choose ‘Transaction List’ option.
- Carefully check-mark all the duplicate transactions in the transaction list.
- Now click on ‘Batch Action’ tab.
- From the drop-down list click on ‘Ignore.’
Method 3: Inspect your bank statements carefully:
Sometimes you may have duplicate transactions on your bank account statement. So, in that case, QuickBooks is showing what it is getting from the bank account statements, right? So now the focus should be on fixing the reason why bank statements are showing duplicate transactions. Here is what you can do:
Are there any duplicate accounts connected to your main bank account?
When you have a bank account connected twice you may get duplications issue. You should make sure that the bank account is only appearing once. If the bank is connected twice then you can take the following steps to fix the issue:
- Click on ‘Settings’ option. It is marked with a ‘gear’ icon.
- From the drop-down list choose- ‘Bank Accounts.’
- Look for the bank account you wish to hide.
- Toggle the on the ‘Hide’ button.
Method 4: Let us exclude the extra transactions in QuickBooks:
You can prevent the developing of the duplicate transactions in QuickBooks by excluding the extra transactions. Here is how you can do it:
- Look for the transactions that you wish to exclude.
- From the options presented on the screen please switch on the ‘Exclude’ option.
Scope of Service:
We hope this article helped you closely in ‘finding and dealing with the duplicates in QuickBooks.’ We understand that you may need customized support for your unique issues or confusions. In such a case please feel free to reach out to us. Our team of experts is available in your service 24/7 at: