Are you using Intuit Data Protect to backup your data? But don’t know the whole process of how it can be done. Here we are going to show you the right way of doing it. Here is why to use Intuit Data Protect for creating the backup. You can back up the data anytime by opening Intuit Data Protect (IDP) from QuickBooks and selecting Back up Now. With IDP, you can perform incremental as well as full backups. The backup through IDP can also be scheduled. Through this, you can also do the live streaming the operations while having your data on secure servers.
Services of Intuit Data Protect (IDP)
The services provided by the Intuit Data Protect (IDP) is a subscription-based service. There are many problems from which it helps you in securing your data from problems. The problems can be of any type like cyber-crime, phishing, file corruption, theft, and damage due to virus, fire and many more. The files are backed up automatically on the time that you have set for the backup on a daily basis. You can change the setting of backup like instead of the whole thing you can only backup the QuickBooks Desktop file only.
Related Article: Troubleshoot Common QuickBooks Intuit Data Protect (IDP) Issues
Steps to Create a Backup using Intuit Data Protect (IDP)
- Go to the top of the screen and click on the option named FileCreate a Backup using Intuit Data Protect
- Then from the options select the Backup company
- Now you need to click on the Setup/Activate Online Backup option
- A window will appear on your screen of Intuit Data Protect
- In this IDP window, click on Activates Now button to start the backup
- Before starting backup you need to log in to the file using your credentials
- After logging in the diagnose window of IDP run automatically
- When the complete status is shown to you then click on the continue
- Now it’s time for backup so, select the files for backup and click on the continue button
- A new window appears asking for the email to get you to notify about the backup files
- A new message popped up saying that your back up is successfully done
- In this message, window clicks the OK button.
Thus, by utilizing Intuit Data Protect, clients can make for themselves a fiasco recuperation plan. IDP is ideal for independent companies and new businesses that would prefer not to spend their benefits on purchasing hardware for storing and backing up data.
Get in touch with QuickBooks technical support team if you still have any issues in it at toll-free number 1800-796-0471. The team is glad to help you out.