Adding a subcontractor is a smart move to manage sales of your business. It is equally useful in both production processes in manufacturing business as well as in services business. This article will walk you into the process of adding subcontractors. The compilation in this article is a simple break down of the steps you would need to take without any external aid. So let us start!
Why add subcontractors in QuickBooks online?
- You can get a summary report of the subcontractors to work and therefore manage your business in a better way.
- By adding subcontractors in QuickBooks Online you gain a greater control and a deeper understanding of the subcontractor’s work.
Ways to add subcontractors in QuickBooks online
In this section of the article, we have provided you with the instructions for adding subcontractors in QuickBooks online. Please make sure that you follow the instructions in the given order carefully:
- Open QuickBooks on your computer.
- Look for ‘Expenses’ option on the left-hand side navigation bar.
- From the drop-down list please select- ‘Suppliers.’
- You will now see a new window titled- ‘Supplier Information’ appearing on your computer screen.
- In this window please supply the entire vendor’s information that QuickBooks asks for.
- Now please choose ‘CIS subcontractor’ tab.
- Here in the CIS tab, please supply the ‘CIS information.’
Please Note: Once you verify the subcontractor that you wish to add, HMRC will provide you the entire information which includes things like ‘CIS rate.
- Once you are satisfied with your new changes and the information you just supplied, please click on ‘Save’ option.
- Now you will be able to see the newly added subcontractor in the supplier’s list on your QuickBooks account.
- Just by clicking the subcontractor’s name QuickBooks shows a glimpse of the information about them.
- If you wish to edit their profile, you can do so in this window.
- If you wish to add a new transaction, simply click on the button that says- ‘Create new.’
Ways to add contractors in QuickBooks online
Please follow these steps:
- First of all launch QuickBooks on your PC.
- From the bar on the left-hand side, please click on ‘Sales’ button.
- From the drop-down menu please click on ‘Customers’ option.
- You will now see a new window with the name- ‘Customer Information.’
- In this window please supply the customer’s information in the provided fields.
- Now please choose the option that says- ‘is CIS contractor.’
- Under the ‘CIS contractor’ category, please provide the additional information QuickBooks ask you to fill in.
- After satisfactorily making the changes, and verifying the information supplied by you, please click on ‘Save.’
Once you have followed the above steps, you will now see that the ‘Contractor’ will now appear in your customer list.
Scope of Service:
We hope you were successfully able to add a subcontractor or even a contractor in QuickBooks Online with the help of this comprehensive article. We understand that sometimes one may need further support or a platform from where he/she can clear his or her doubts. That’s why our team of experts is happily available for any assistance 24/7. You can reach us at:
- For any issues, call QuickBooks Technical Support Toll-free number ✆+1-800-796-0471.
- In case you wish to write to us, you can do so by sending an email to us at- email@example.com
- Our team of experts is also available for one on one instant technical support via LIVE chat stream.