With QuickBooks, carrying out many organizational functions has become simpler and more effective with maximum accuracy.
While using QuickBooks software, however, you need to be careful enough as you may come across various types of errors, which may be a structural error or a functional error. One of the most frequent issues that you may face from time to time is QuickBooks error 6144, 82.
QuickBooks error 6144, 82 arises when your network setup is incorrect. The .ND and .TLG files in the software create this error. Hence, renaming them resolves the issue most of the times.
- Corrupt QuickBooks download
- Incomplete QuickBooks installation
- Corrupt Windows registry
- Virus or malware infection
It is recommended to use QuickBooks File Doctor before adopting other ways of resolving QuickBooks error 6144, 82. The steps to follow are listed below:
- Visit official website and download QuickBooks File Doctor online
- Install it on your system
- Run it
- Let your system be scanned
- Locate the area of issue
- Resolve the issue
Fixing QuickBooks Error 6144, 82
To take care of the error, you can choose either of the two options mentioned below:
Option 1: Using QuickBooks File Doctor tool correctly
If the simple use of the tool doesn’t help to resolve the issue, you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Download QuickBooks File Doctor online
- Install it on your system
- Run it. Make sure you are logged in as Administrator
- You will get two options:
- Network Connectivity Only
- Both File Damage and Network Connectivity
- Choose 4(a) to ensure only the particular error gets handled by the tool. It will detect the data and file corrupted
- Users will be asked to type the password. Provide it
- Next prompt will ask if the company file on Workstation or on Server. If it’s Server, click Yes otherwise choose No
- Click Proceed
Make sure the QuickBooks edition you’re using is the latest one. Verify if the error has resolved.
Option 2: Rename .ND and .TLG files
As soon as you rename the files, they get re-created and open the file. The steps to follow are listed below:
- Go to QuickBooks Desktop
- Press F2
- Browse to File Information Get the company file location
- Open the folder containing the company file
- Find the files with .ND and .TLG extensions
- Right-click each file that gets on the list
- Click Rename
- Add OLD at the end of the files
- Open QuickBooks
- Try to sign in again
If the issue still persists, it is advisable to connect with our Accountsportal.co QuickBooks tech support helpdesk where you get skilled representatives to help you with your issues.
Accountsportal.co QuickBooks Technical Support – Scope of Service
We offer efficient QuickBooks technical help and assistance to our clients and customers. Our QuickBooks experts stay beside you to resolve all issues. You can call our Accountsportal.co QuickBooks technical team of experts for resolution of issues 24*7. Dial our QuickBooks helpdesk toll-free number ✆+1-800-796-0471.