Error Code C = 224 occurs in QuickBooks software when there is a failure in verifying the company file. What the error indicates is that the software has mistaken a wrong split line for a transaction or a memorized transaction.
The error code C = 224 occurs usually when the company file is being backed-up or a file utility is conducted. It can also come up when executing reports or when opening a corrupted company file. So, what it summarizes into is that one of the transactions that are present is corrupt, and need some helping hand to rectify it.
If you are a user facing such an error at present, read on to know about the causes for the error and some of the rectifications that can be done.
According to Intuit, Error Code C=224 can occur when:
- backing up a company file (.qbw) from the File->Save Copy or Backup… menu selection
- running the Verify Data utility from the File->Utilities->Verify Data menu selection
- running the Rebuild Data utility from the File->Utilities->Rebuild Data menu selection
What causes C = 224 error to occur in QuickBooks software?
As with any runtime error, the causes may be due to various reasons. Let us look at some of the most prominent ones.
- Company file has been backed up from File > Save Copy or Backup
- Verifying utility or running reports from File > utilities > Verify Data
- Rebuild Data Utility from File > Utility > Rebuild Data
- When verifying or rebuilding company file
- A damaged or corrupted company file
- A broken link between two transactions
You can try to resolve the error by updating the software. The new versions have come up with suitable resolutions for the error. Call our QuickBooks error support help team for confirming the same.
How to fix Error code C = 224?
One of the ways to fix the error is to go a long way in verifying and rebuilding data again, from the QuickBooks software. Since the problem is with QuickBooks, such as a missing data or an application crash, running the ‘verify and rebuild data utilities’ from within the software helps in rectifying the issue.
Also, remember that running the Verify and Rebuild Data Utility for more than two times at a time (continuously) can cause file damage. If you have run it already twice, stop and wait for some time before doing it or call for technical assistance.
Verifying Data Utility:
To verify Data utility:
- Click-Open the Company File by opening QuickBooks software
- Now, when the company file opens up, click on Utilities and select Verify Data
- Select OK for the verification process to begin
- When completed with 100% (The time depends upon the size of the file being verified.), Click OK
After verification, it is time to rebuild the data. To begin with:
- Click File and select Utilities
- Then, browse to find and click Rebuild Data
- Click Ok for backup to begin and check if the backup is done locally
- Select Next and Browse to find a place to save the backup
- Click Ok, to continue and save the file when the process is finished
- Follow the prompts to Rebuild Data successfully
This process should clear the error C = 224 in QuickBooks Enterprise software. However, if the problem persists or you have to rebuild data successfully, dial up our Accountsportal help desk number ✆+1-800-796-0471 to talk to our experts.