Sage 50 is a business management accounting solution which can be incorporated into payroll and assist you in filing taxes. So, you can seamlessly integrate the Sage 50 to your Payroll software. When you are working on your Sage 50 Payroll, you may come across the Backup Running Error. You will encounter this error when you are trying to open the Sage 50 Payroll application or restoring a backup, you will receive the following error message:
The data that you want to open cannot be opened as it is from the newer version of Sage 50 Payroll. You need to upgrade your Sage 50 to open this data.
Warning! The data that you currently want to open was created on the recent version of Sage 50. By opening the data on the wrong version may lead to data corruption. So, are you willing to open the data anyway?
Causes responsible for the Error message:
- The older version of Sage 50 Payroll is installed on a new system and the restored to the recently created backup.
- Your system may have some issues and you are requested to reinstall the recent release but you have installed the older version and restored it to the recently created backup.
- You have installed the un-opened upgrade for the earlier tax year and installed it on your recent version.
- Installed the older version on your current version.
- You installed the older version of your payroll in a different folder as you want to review the data from the previous tax year. Later on, you have restored a backup from the new version.
Important: If you are going to install on a new system or re-install the software on a system, it is recommended that you install the recent release. You can install the software online, if you are already using the software and you need to upgrade it.
The solutions below are according to the scenario of the error. These resolutions are recommended by the technical experts:
Case I: If you have installed the older version of Payroll
- You are requested to reinstall the latest version of the Sage 50 Payroll over the version of Payroll you are currently using.
- Click on the Yes option, when you see a message and opened the data in the previous version.
- Reinstate your older backup.
Case II: Verify the data from the previous tax year
- In case, you have installed the older version in a new folder but reinstate the backup from the wrong tax year. Then you have an option to restore the backup from the correct tax year.
- If your backup is from the right tax year but the version of the software is not correct then you are advised to reinstall the accurate version of Sage 50 Payroll.
The solutions above are according to the scenario in which you come across the Backup Running error in Sage 50 Payroll. Even after you have tried all, the resolutions above and your error is not resolved then you are requested to contact Accountsportal.co for assistance. They are customer service consultancy that provides assistance for various accountings software like Sage 50. To reach out to them, you will have to give a call on Sage 50 Technical Support toll-free number ✆+1-800-796-0471. They provide round the clock services so you can reach out to them at any point in time. For Live Chat assistance, visit their website Accountsportal.co.