QuickBooks company error H303, H101, H505 and H202are some common errors that occur very frequently whenever you try to locate any company file on another computer or workstation.
Why and how does H505, H101, H303 &H202 error code?
These Errors usually occur when you try to access the company file in Multi-User Mode.
QuickBooks Error Code H202
- When you try to work or access the company file which is kept in another system and the QuickBooks is unable to reach the server of that system.
- It occurs when QuickBooks of a particular system is not able to communicate with the server.
QuickBooks Error Codes H101, H505, H303
- When you try to work with the company files that are located on some other system and your system will demand extra setup and installation process.
Why Does this Error Code Occur?
Company Desktop tries to setup connection with the company files but is not able to communicate with the server. The Error occurs due to several reasons:
- Hosting configuration setting – incorrect.
- When QuickBooks Firewall setting blocks the company files to get access or the inflow and outflow of the communication is also blocked.
- Incorrect or Damaged.ND files configuration which allows QuickBooks for accessing company files in a network.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not able to find IP address of host system or trying to use different IP address.
- Incorrect DNS settings.
- Services like QuickBooksQBCF/DBXX do not start.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code H505, H101, H303 &H202
If you wish to resolve error code H505, H101, H303 &H202. Follow this instruction:
Method 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
Download and run the QuickBooks file doctor on the server. Once you download and it starts functioning, it cleans all H-series errors and other multi-user error. In case, the error still persists in your system. Follow below-mentioned steps.
Method 2: Verify hosting and services
To Verify Hosting
- On every hosting system, open QuickBooks and then go to File and click Utilities.
- Now, navigate Host Multi-User Access in the list, this system does not host the file. Move to the next workstation. Keep in mind not to change anything workstation.
- If Stop Hosting Multi-User Access is flashing on your screen, click on it.
- In the Company, the File should be a closed window, select Yes.
- Make sure that QBCFMonitorand QuickBooksDBXXService is started.
- Select Windows Start.
- Hold Windows key + press R to bring up the run box.
- In run box, type MSC and then press Enter.
- For Service window: scroll down and check QuickBooksDBXX service.
- If you are not able to see QuickBooksDBXX Service:
- Database Server Manager, make sure that Database Server Manager is installed on your server.
- If you try to run the full program on the server, open QuickBooks, select and verify that hosting is enabled.
- Double-click on the QuickBooksDBXX service and make sure that Startup Type and service status has begun.
- now, select Recovery
- Now, go to system’s menu and click on restart, this will automatically restart QuickBooksDB service. If it fails, do this the next time.
- Click and save the changes.
- Now, repeat the above-mentioned steps for QBCFMonitor Service
- Now, open QuickBooks on each workstation in multi-user mode.
Method 3: Open network ports QuickBooks to Firewall configuration.
You need to uninstall AVG program so that you can modify windows defender which comes in-built in Windows 8 home edition. For further queries, contact the AVG service expert. If you want to keep AVG software within your system. Follow the given steps on each computer:
- Check and establish a connection with Windows Firewall Settings
- Right-click on Outbound Rules and then select New Rules
- Click on Ports and click on Next.
- Select TCP in a particular local ports box.
- Select next and then select allow the Connection.
- Click Next to enter a name in the field (i.e. “QuickBooks ports”) and then select finish.
Repeat above-mentioned steps for Inbound Rules also.
Now, open QuickBooks in Multi-User Mode.
Method 4: You need to add Server into Windows Host File.
- Edit Windows hosts file.
Method 5: by Creating the new folder for your company files (s) and shares it to allow access to share company files.
- On the hosting system, make a new folder and share it and set windows to get entry to permissions to share company files.
- Now, Copy the .qbw file in the new folder.
- Open your company files in multi-user mode.
Our Website AccountsPortal contains all the information and Support For QuickBooks Error that you may need. Our website also has live chat support feature for instant resolution and information. You can contact us on our Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor Support Toll-Free Number ☎+1-800-796-0471. You can send us an E-mail regarding the issue that you are facing and our team will revert you with the solution.